Englishtown Raceway Park Shuts Down 1/4 and 1/8th Mile Racing

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's sad news! A lot of awesome history there. When I think of drag racing in New Jersey, Englishtown always immediately come to mind. :( I was never a big fan of Atco, but it's good that it is a good option for New Jersey racers.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
They didn't shut because of the neighborhood. It was internal issues.

Eric Garttner

Established Member
I've only gone to Etown a handful of times but it was something my family and my friends all looked forward to. Guess we will check out Island and Atco now. Street racing is going to be 100% up though

f69d76cad99c720efec549c55e3b2cbe.jpg

CV355

_
Established Member
Geez, I wish my hobbies inconvenienced others as much as theirs inconvenience me.

If I complain about traffic, do you think I can get the nearby college football stadium to close down? Lots of room for Copart!

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
If Atco wasn't so far away this wouldn't be that terrible because the track there is a lot better than etown

Eric Garttner

Established Member
Geez, I wish my hobbies inconvenienced others as much as theirs inconvenience me.

If I complain about traffic, do you think I can get the nearby college football stadium to close down? Lots of room for Copart!

What about the traffic near the big NHL football stadiums? Big inconvenience to me if I'm driving past. They took an NHRA spot so **** the NFL

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
If Atco wasn't so far away this wouldn't be that terrible because the track there is a lot better than etown

As someone who has only driven past atco, do tell.

I will say MIR has its shit together when it comes to track prep, but test n tune wait times are ridiculously long

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
As someone who has only driven past atco, do tell.

I will say MIR has its shit together when it comes to track prep, but test n tune wait times are ridiculously long

Their prep was just much better. Atco always hooked hard. The only thing I will say Etown was great at was cleaning up break downs quick, otherwise I would honestly choose to race at Atco, but I live 5 minutes from Englishtown I would never even bother going anywhere else. No choice now.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Their prep was just much better. Atco always hooked hard. The only thing I will say Etown was great at was cleaning up break downs quick, otherwise I would honestly choose to race at Atco, but I live 5 minutes from Englishtown I would never even bother going anywhere else. No choice now.

The last time I raced at E town was towards season end but I do remember after my first run the prep pretty much went to shit. Was also my first time running a supercharged car at that track, when my car was N/A it'd have no problem hooking on any dry pavement.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
yea, and they would let the street cars rip up all the rubber on the starting line that the heavy cars just laid down on TnT nights. In recent years there was just a lack of care for drag racing and more focused towards all the other stuff they host there.

CV355

_
Established Member
What about the traffic near the big NHL football stadiums? Big inconvenience to me if I'm driving past. They took an NHRA spot so **** the NFL

Sure, that too!

Seems like sports events in general cause a lot of inconvenience. Why should I pay 5x the normal parking downtown just because some number-wearing illiterates are chasing a ball nearby? I don't give a crap about them- I just want to take my wife to dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread