Engine Tick when warm

fiveohalex

Fiveohalex
Established Member
New engine installed, runs great, tech told me all of the main bearings were "wiped out" even wrote that in report, so as of now I have a nice new shiny engine in there, hopefully this one does not suffer the same fate. Also they replaced the tranny fluid, what a difference, so smooth no whinning...etc.

White608

Go faster
Established Member
New engine installed, runs great, tech told me all of the main bearings were "wiped out" even wrote that in report, so as of now I have a nice new shiny engine in there, hopefully this one does not suffer the same fate. Also they replaced the tranny fluid, what a difference, so smooth no whinning...etc.

So at no point thru this whole deal nobody cut a filter open to see if there was anything in it ?

fiveohalex

Fiveohalex
Established Member
So at no point thru this whole deal nobody cut a filter open to see if there was anything in it ?

yes they did, aft i dropped it off the 2nd time they did all preliminary tests and cut open the filter, they saw metal shavings..filings..etc. I am sorry i did not update that i just picked it up yesterday and looked at the report closely, I can post a pic of their findings on the report if people are interested??!!

White608

Go faster
Established Member
yes they did, aft i dropped it off the 2nd time they did all preliminary tests and cut open the filter, they saw metal shavings..filings..etc. I am sorry i did not update that i just picked it up yesterday and looked at the report closely, I can post a pic of their findings on the report if people are interested??!!

I just never saw it said that they did that. I do this every oil change in everything. It's pretty simple and can help save an engine.

atistang

Established Member
I'm not 100% sure, but I think mine has stopped making the tick noise.

Although this morning when I went wot in 1st I heard what sounded to be like a terrible pinging.

fiveohalex

Fiveohalex
Established Member
Just a quick update, have had my new engine for 1600 miles (yes i drive it allot) since the change and its been excellent. A couple of g8, srt challengers and camaro ss's can attest. Very happy.

richie minix

Hey guys just wondering if anyone can help me my 2011 mustang gt just started having a tick noise and it only does it after it warms up and only wheni rev it and it comes back down to idle it ticks about 5 or 6 ticks and quits and also sometimes driving it will have a real bad hesitation when kicking it down then it will finally pic up rpms and power can anyone help me out car has 95,000 miles also holds good oil pressure and when just sitting still idling no tick just after every rev when it comes back to idle that i hear it please help

Users who are viewing this thread