Engine oil additive shortages....

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
I thought it was blown out of proportion until I went looking for some last week. Couldn't find any major brand stuff in town. Found a couple jugs/buckets of the no name stuff, but that was about it.

Dusten

Established Member
This is not new. Diesel oil has been in short supply for at least 6 months.

Beat me to it. I've been running the mobile/delvac because it's all that was there. But my Blackstone's come back clean, so I don't care.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
This is not new. Diesel oil has been in short supply for at least 6 months.

I'm aware but for the last 6 months or so you could still find some name brand stuff here or there. This week there was none to be found anywhere.

And just my experience but the parts stores seem to be the worst stocked, but they were never that great with diesel oil even when times were good.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
We were warned of long lead times by our Mobil rep a few months ago for a couple of the industrial oils we use at the plant. I wonder if some of the additive package ingredients crossover.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I want to see the DEF shortage…. That would be fun seeing EPA heads go boom

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I want to see the DEF shortage…. That would be fun seeing EPA heads go boom

im not sure right this second but DEF supply definitely got tighter, along with the price going up. We've been buying extra pallets because of price increases and availability issues. If they ran out and were somehow allowed to bypass all that shit you know we're not turning it back on

hell, the local Mack truck dealer has been having issues getting motor oil from Mack for the last 6-8 months

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
im not sure right this second but DEF supply definitely got tighter, along with the price going up. We've been buying extra pallets because of price increases and availability issues. If they ran out and were somehow allowed to bypass all that shit you know we're not turning it back on

hell, the local Mack truck dealer has been having issues getting motor oil from Mack for the last 6-8 months

Correct, DEF supplies have been tight. Urea production has had global interruptions.

mariusvt

Established Member
Im sure they would happily tell you to park it. If you want to put on the tin foil hat, you could always say one more way they're pushing the EV agenda. Make it harder to maintain the ICE vehicles.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Im sure they would happily tell you to park it. If you want to put on the tin foil hat, you could always say one more way they're pushing the EV agenda. Make it harder to maintain the ICE vehicles.

kinda hard to buy at the class 8 level, there isn't even a non-ice alternative available for 99% of applications. Give it a few years when theyre out there and I'd wouldn't be surprised by that tactic

Users who are viewing this thread