engine management

TRBO VNM

carolinacat said:
sct pro racer

same as stock.

most are using factory ECU and using diablo or SCT to flash the computer and as stated above, some use PRP to tune themselves, but it still flashes the stock computer. so engine management has mainly been factory ECU.

a couple have gone with the big stuff 3. I think AEM is coming out with something as well.

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Majority of the cars have no reason to upgrade to a different EM. The stock ECU has been proven to handle plenty. The Big Stuff 3 has added effects such as a Two Step which help people a little more with a decision.

big_huff

Established Member
so you guys dont have different maps to change from like everyday use on pump and then switch to another map for when you put race gas in?

TRBO VNM

big_huff said:
so you guys dont have different maps to change from like everyday use on pump and then switch to another map for when you put race gas in?

we call them tunes, not maps. I honestly am not familiar with who uses that term. I know the guy at work with a 350Z uses the term for his tunes or whatever, but we usually just flash the ECU with a different tune if needed. SCT and Diablo have handheld flashers. they plug into the OBD2 port and load a new program to the ECU. but with these flashers we can also adjust a few parameters based on rpm range.

big_huff

Established Member
i know you get your car tuned but wouldnt you have multiple maps to change from pump gas to race gas?

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

big_huff said:
i know you get your car tuned but wouldnt you have multiple maps to change from pump gas to race gas?

no, you can run the same file for pump or race. if you have a race file, typically the timing is raised and the a/f is leaned out some and you add boost.

Users who are viewing this thread