Engine management bang vs buck

turbovenom

Established Member
I've owend Cobras with varying tuning setups, my current build needs to be redone I had a mega squirt on it that my old shop lost long story there... Anyways I've been looking into options a full fast setup is going to be several thousands of dollars same with the other big name standalones, where as ms is maybe 1200 tops with a pigtail from 32pin connector I've never had ms3pro but I've heard the processing is fast and my car ran good with old version but I've had cars with standalone to I'm just trying to figure out if fast or bs3 or whatever company is worth the extra cash any input?

turbovenom

Established Member
Really?!... I figured I'd get a mix of fast is stupid expensive but worth it AND mega squirt does the same and much cheaper AND just get a stock harness and a handheld tuner there is way too many people on here with so many different setups and people who actually know about stuff not just people who pay the check and end up with they're car cmon guys just looking for input on your thoughts and pasts experiences

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I have Holley EFI and love it. Coupled with the Holley 7" dash, it's just an awesome system. Everything is integrated and it wires up easy unlike MS3.

turbovenom

Established Member
From what I've seen the Holley stuff is cool tons of options as far as alarms/ shut down/ self correcting on nitrous guage config etc but on they're site the dominator is 1900 I know u need harnesses and whatnot but there is a setup for sale on here for 3700 and that it new would cost a lot more what major hidden costs am I missing pricing it on their site seems cheaper but I'm sure it's because I'm missing something

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I have a FAST XFI XIM setup for sale if your'e interested.. it's just the computer module and I think the screen.

turbovenom

Established Member
Random I just pmd you on your thoughts just to check this post right after to see you wrote...

KEVINS

Established Member
I installed the MS Pro this summer on my 2002 GT. I'm not a tuner. I'm not an electrician. I hated learning how to wire it all up and absolutely hated getting a start tune figured out just so I could get it to the shop and let the tuner work his magic with it. The tuner LOVES the MS Pro and knows it very well which is why I bought it. The Pro has proved it's worth after the first dyno session allowing him to tune individual cylinders separately when needed and each bank separately due to fueling distribution issues while reaching 700hp on low boost. Over the winter I plan to convert my car to be a flex car that can run either 91 pump gas or E85 while the MS Pro automatically corrects the fueling needs (goal is 900hp).

I know nothing about the Holley system but if I was doing this all myself all over again I would look really hard at the Holley system.

ks

Users who are viewing this thread