Engine cutting off

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
So... I was driving my car a few weeks ago... then it kind of just died on the side of the road. It turned over enough for me to move it out of the road... but then died again... tick tick tick. Jumped it... got it about a mile to my house. Took the battery to Advanced Auto.. they said the battery was fine... held a charge and even recharged it for me. Put the battery back in... same issue.

I replaced the Alternator.... and it ran perfect all weekend.... two trips to Carlisle... a few trips here and there to other places... but all in all about 300 plus miles of driving.

Get in it yesterday to get new tires put on.... it starts fine... out of the drive way and about 100 yards to the stop sign push the clutch in... shift to first... come to a stop and it died. Cranked up fine.... I got worried so i decided to take it for a lap around the neighborhood... get to the next stop sign.... died. Cranked fine... drove it back to the house stopped to back into the garage.... died. cranked it back up and backed it into the garage.

Went out this AM to try to produce the same results... now that I have some time to work on it.

Drove it to the stop sign... died... cranked it back up... drove to the next stop sign but revved it a little instead of letting it go to idle.... no cut off this time.... took another lap around.... and after 2 more laps I couldn't get it to repeat itself.

What the hell do I do next..... I am not a big car guy so I hit the major stuff that I would think it was.... but I am open for new things to try.

Users who are viewing this thread