engine code 219A

WC_Racer

Established Member
Check engine light came on and plugged the xcal into there to se what the problem was and it had no info on the code. Tried search over the web for what it is and I got a bunch of different answers. Since this place is pretty good with info can someone let me know what it is.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Can you clear it? Looks like engine over speed or a Bank1 a/f error

Edit, is it P0219 or P219A?
Chris

Last edited:

Kona-Blue-5.0

Established Member
I had this code pop up on me, after contacting lund racing they sent me a tune update and explanation what was causing the code.

Unfortunely the issue is not tune related......... Has had no issues up to this point and then all of sudden you get the code 219A/B occurs when there is a slight mismatch between the Front O2 widebands. It is usually due to have a slight exh. leak and no longer having CATs. The sensors overtime learn the mismatch and throw the code. There isn't a fix per say but what I usually do is widen the tolerance for the code to be thrown or just turn the codes off as they are really harmless annoying codes.

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/diagnostics/pdf/OBDSM1202.pdf

See pages 59-61 (most of the document is actually very interesting and informative)

Air Fuel Ratio Imbalance Monitor:
The Air Fuel Imbalance Monitor is designed to monitor the cylinder-to-cylinder air fuel imbalance per engine bank. When an Air Fuel (A/F) imbalance is present, the front UEGO signal becomes noisier. The monitor uses the high frequency component from the UEGO signal as an indicator of A/F imbalance. "Hash" is the difference between two consecutive front UEGO voltage samples. The UEGO signal is monitored continuously and a differential or "hash" value is continuously calculated. When the hash is below a threshold, it is indicative of normal operation. If the hash exceeds the threshold, an A/F imbalance is assumed which increments a hash error counter. The counter accumulates hash during series of calibratable rpm windows. Typically, a single window consists of 50 engine revolutions. A total rpm window counter calculates number of completed rpm windows. Monitor completion typically requires 30 rpm windows. When the monitor completes, an A/Fuel imbalance index is calculated. The monitor index is defined as the ratio of the failed rpm windows over the total rpm windows required to complete monitor. If the monitor imbalance ratio index exceeds the threshold value, an A/F imbalance DTC is set.

Last edited:

WC_Racer

Established Member
TIt is p219A. I do have a x pipe cats. Had the them for 8 months or so with tune and it has never came up. I do throw on 305/45/18 nt05r there. Would this be the reason?

Last edited:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I've cleared this code at least 25 times. I get it every few days it seems. It all started when I went with cat deletes. I guess I need to chuck a fresh 02 sensor in there.

It is nothing to worry about, but annoying.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread