Engine Bay Shots : New Gates RPM Kevlar Belt!

Intervention302

Established Member
Gates messaged me on IG and wanted to let me know about their newest belt. RPM is what they are calling it.

Supposedly their strongest, and most stretch resistant belt yet. Plus, looks way better than the green HD belt it was replacing for me. Enjoy

New sizes being added ASAP by their team

DSC_7804 by Intervention302, on Flickr

DSC_7807 by Intervention302, on Flickr

DSC_7821 by Intervention302, on Flickr

*** forgot to PS the damn green CA out of the shot. You can see it on the top of the belt. Cheap lens at 1.8F life

DSC_7825 by Intervention302, on Flickr

DSC_7830 by Intervention302, on Flickr

DSC_7833 by Intervention302, on Flickr

DSC_7836 by Intervention302, on Flickr

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
That's cool do a review my first gates non hd squeaked when cold after a few months. Didn't want green with my CO color so found a NOS gatorback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks nice, what's the cost? I have a small 2.6 upper on my tvs that is carbinite coated. So belts don't last me long. Doubt that would last any longer, a lot of belt dust is normal for my setup.

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Looks good. I've had great luck with their line of HD green belts, but would give this a try if the sizes were plentiful!

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Group buy or bust. Belt looks he'll of a lot better than the green one

94slowbra1

Established Member
good thing i just bought new green belts for both my 93 set up and e85 set up. God i hate the green but they just work for me. oh well something to add to the "list"

Intervention302

Established Member
Nice, and we all have issues when we sport wood over a drive belt. lol
We're not mentally well
Looks nice, what's the cost? I have a small 2.6 upper on my tvs that is carbinite coated. So belts don't last me long. Doubt that would last any longer, a lot of belt dust is normal for my setup.
Not quite sure about that. I've had good luck with my Green belts and if these are any stronger, nothing to complain about

Cost? I think these are a bit pricey, I'm not sure
Looks good. I've had great luck with their line of HD green belts, but would give this a try if the sizes were plentiful!
Yeah I told the engineer that the Terminator sizes were pretty weak
Group buy or bust. Belt looks he'll of a lot better than the green one
I'm going to link him into this thread
good thing i just bought new green belts for both my 93 set up and e85 set up. God i hate the green but they just work for me. oh well something to add to the "list"
As stated, greens worked well for me. It's just ugly

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Nice! I like that! They make the stock terminator size 751 so I'm good to go.....found it on rock auto for $50

I've had the green one and hated it. Been running the gatorbacks ever since. The gates HD green squeaked on my car soon after install, maybe 500 miles. And then the fact it wa so damn ugly. I mentioned that a few times in terminator talk about how ugly that green is.....and some got mad! Lol. I was like how can you not care about the aesthetics of the underhood on the terminator? That's crazy talk.

gatesrpm

Thanks Intervention!

Our RPM line of belts was engineered as a no compromise belt for supercharged and high horsepower applications. They feature an aramid (Kevlar) tensile cord, two layers of adhesion gum and come in tons of sizes for aftermarket (and stock) blower setups.

As Intervention mentioned, the line is constantly expanding due to input form users so feel free to request that we build sizes if we don't already have them.
Please send size inquiries to my email; [email protected]

Someone mentioned belt dust; the dust you see is due to belt stretch. Polyester cord belts will stretch when heated and will elongate to the point that the tensioner is no longer effective at providing adequate tension. If you have belt dust, you have belt slip.

Polyester also has elastic properties so as it cools it will return to it's normal length. Eventually though, just like a rubber band, the polyester will no longer be able to maintain it's shape or length and more than likely you will end up throwing the belt due to the increase in length.

Our aramid cord RPM belts are not going to stretch so target length will be achieved throughout the service life of the belt. The dual layers of adhesion gum are exclusive to the RPM line and give the belt incredible strength and help transfer the energy to the strongest part of the belt which is the jacket or smooth back side. FleetRunner HD belts use one layer and standard belts don't use any.

When choosing an RPM size it is important to make sure that the size you choose allows the tensioner to be centered or skewed slightly towards the unloaded side. For the most part this is a non-issue since most supercharger tensioners offer ample swing room.

If there are any questions feel free to shoot me an email.

Chad
Gates RPM

6.0GTO

Established Member
Thanks Intervention!

Our RPM line of belts was engineered as a no compromise belt for supercharged and high horsepower applications. They feature an aramid (Kevlar) tensile cord, two layers of adhesion gum and come in tons of sizes for aftermarket (and stock) blower setups.

As Intervention mentioned, the line is constantly expanding due to input form users so feel free to request that we build sizes if we don't already have them.

Someone mentioned belt dust; the dust you see is due to belt stretch. Polyester cord belts will stretch when heated and will elongate to the point that the tensioner is no longer effective at providing adequate tension. If you have belt dust, you have belt slip.

Polyester also has elastic properties so as it cools it will return to it's normal length. Eventually though, just like a rubber band, the polyester will no longer be able to maintain it's shape or length and more than likely you will end up throwing the belt due to the increase in length.

Our aramid cord RPM belts are not going to stretch so target length will be achieved throughout the service life of the belt. The dual layers of adhesion gum are exclusive to the RPM line and give the belt incredible strength and help transfer the energy to the strongest part of the belt which is the jacket or smooth back side. FleetRunner HD belts use one layer and standard belts don't use any.

When choosing an RPM size it is important to make sure that the size you choose allows the tensioner to be centered or skewed slightly towards the unloaded side. For the most part this is a non-issue since most supercharger tensioners offer ample swing room.

Chad
Gates RPM

I just replaced a couple of your belts today....Though not on this application. Don't know the heat properties of the GT Carbons but a cogged belt = almost zero slip. We put a ton of stress on these and if not tensioned correctly do slip a tooth once in a while. Negligible stretch either. Especially in the lengths we use. These are not endless loop either...

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x331/ElementalHg/Gates GT carbon/IMG_0248_zpszkzo8ufo.jpg

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x331/ElementalHg/Gates GT carbon/IMG_0249_zps6qemirks.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks Intervention!

Chad
Gates RPM
Belt dust doesn't always mean belt slip. The best way to monitor slip is by watching a boost gauge.

Like I mentioned before, I get crazy belt dust, but it's normal with a pulley that has carbinite coating on it.
IMAG1730_zpsurtbudt2.jpg

IMAG1738_zpsoq7vncra.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread