Endless CAI debate question....

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
I always add the CAI, more for that hissing intake sound than anything else. Thing is, intakes used to be cheap. All of the sudden the CAI is as much as a freakin tuner. I'm sorry but a plastic tube, a cotton filter and a couple hose clamps with a rubber boot doesn't equal $300+ anyday of the week. I bought mine used on ebay, thoroughly cleaned the filter and was only out $125

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
^^^they have gone to ridiculous pricing....looking for them used and/or just doing the MIT tube is best option for the guys not wanting to spend a lot.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
I ended up going with the BBK Blackout. As I started to ask around, one of the um, how should I say, vendors....tried to convince me that I needed to trash the BBK and buy a real intake like a JLT. That alone determined I wouldn't be shopping with that vendor.

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
I ended up going with the BBK Blackout. As I started to ask around, one of the um, how should I say, vendors....tried to convince me that I needed to trash the BBK and buy a real intake like a JLT. That alone determined I wouldn't be shopping with that vendor.

the JLT kit may be the best i dont know but it is the cheapest quality.i hate cheap thin plastic and the filter sheild is bend and bolt down all at same time.imo

20redfire03

Established Member
I doubt it. It might smooth airflow out a little bit but I mainly bought it because it looks better.

NacsMXer

Established Member
I doubt it. It might smooth airflow out a little bit but I mainly bought it because it looks better.

Any strange side effects from the Airaid MIT over the stock setup? Such as different intake noises or how the engine runs? Did you notice any perceived performance gains from it? I know the stock intake tube has a bunch of sound silencer chambers on the bottom of it, so that's why i'm asking if you noticed any side effects.

The Airaid MIT with the stock box is the only thing I would consider on my car. I've grown to dislike any type of open element cotton gauze type intakes after previous experience.

20redfire03

Established Member
Car runs and acts the exact same. Stills runs around 13.00-13.10 with my 20s with a fastest of 12.998 @110 but I think track prep got me that tenth/hundredth/thousandth I needed for my 12 second pass on my 20s. Still factory tune and no other mods but suspension and breathers

Users who are viewing this thread