Enclosed trailer floor paint suggestions needed!

chico_mustangs

Established Member
I just purchased a 30ft enclosed car trailer that is bare wood inside. I want to coat the floor with something to protect it and make it look nice. I wanted to have it Line-X or something similar coated but my local place wants $1200 to do it and that's a bit much for me to spend. I have just started looking into garage floor paint but the couple I have seen say they are for concrete only. I also was looking into deck paint but I was told by the guy at Home Depot that the paint will peel right off if a hot tire goes onto it. I was wondering what the best way to go about this would be? Any of your suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_20120611_170347.gif

Untitled-3.jpg

White608

Go faster
Established Member
Epoxy Paint For Garage Floors – Epoxy-Coat.com

linoleum flooring
chrome plated or alum diamond plate where tires would touch and paint the rest or carpet.
Just paint the floor with good exterior paint
indoor/outdoor carpet

We have had a lot of trailers, the alum diamond plate with the carpet was the best looking and wasn't hard to clean. The linoleum looks good when it's clean, but you have to clean it a lot or it will look nasty. Exterior paint on the floors works ok, the tires won't peel the paint but it turns the floor black. You either have to live with it or clean it and repaint every so often. Carpet in the whole thing looks nice but it's hard to get it to stay down when you load/unload the car. It starts coming apart at the seams or it starts tearing.

If you wanted to finish the walls and ceiling you can get these plastic 4x8 sheets at HD or Lowes. It's for bathrooms, has a textured finish and is waterproof.

1st google thing I came to
http://www.coxhardware.com/p-9627-frp-textured-white-4-x-8-panel-pebble-surface.aspx?p=F

Last edited:

BOD89LX

Established Member
Have you looked into the do it yourself rhino liner type product? If you use paint be sure to do some aluminum plate runners or grip tape otherwise the floor get real slippery when wet.

Kove

Established Member
I used Herculiner on my 6x10 enclosed trailer and it turned out really good. It was the can of Herculiner that you brush or roll on. It served its purpose well, was easy to apply, and cheap compared to Line-x and rhino liner. I think I bought it at Auto Zone. If you use it, make sure you wear gloves cause it can be messy and it's hard to get off of skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread