Email from a dealership...agree or no

IamMike

exUSAFmike
Established Member
Hi Michael,

I totally appreciate your concerns regarding pricing. However, I do respectfully disagree with you in regard to the comparison between the GT500 and the Corvette. While the Corvette is a fine sports car, the GT500 is a limited,rare model (unlike the Corvette that you can find around any corner at any time) and a much better built automobile, and worth every penny of the money the consumer spends for it. As a matter of fact, Consumer Reports rated the Mustang line the best built vehicle for the money as compared to ALL sports cars. So, if you'd be willing to spend that kind of money on a Corvette, you'd actually be getting a much better vehicle for the money with the GT500, hence your resale value/collector's value would be greater, which is why they are worth far above MSRP (and Ford understands those values are built in when they calculate MSRP).

As I mentioned, we have one allocation left and we'd be happy to offer that you. Let me know if you reconsider.

Karrie
Northpoint and Heiser Ford
414-586-7151

:dw: :bs:

Edited w/ seller in case some of you big ballers want one. I'm gonna wait till they get down to closer to MSRP, which w/ the Shelby GT coming out, I'd anticipate a nice drop in price next yr...plus the Boss in 2009.

W/ the 500 and Shelby GT, at the end of production won't that be close to 30k mustangs w/ SHELBY on them?

Last edited:

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
OK.... when they said Consumer reports rated the mustang line the best built vehicle for the money as compared to all sports cars i think they meant at the price of 43,000. Not at a whopping 20-30K+ above sticker. If the cosumer reports rated the car with the dealer markup price im pretty sure the mustang is not the best built vehicle money can buy.

FastFwd

Dave hates me
Established Member
That's a bunch of horsemaneuver. Ask him how those inflated prices worked out for the owners of the 03's who bought high when they first came out or the Thunderbirds maybe. Were they worth more because of thier superior build quality and rarity? Have they appreciated any or had spectacular residual values?:fart:

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
i wonder how many people have gotten that letter. he's full of bs, it won't be long till the tune changes and the adm's go away. be patient

IamMike

exUSAFmike
Established Member
swlacobra said:
i wonder how many people have gotten that letter. he's full of bs, it won't be long till the tune changes and the adm's go away. be patient
yeah she is full of it. I doubt I'll get another reply, but oh well. Checking the ended auctions on ebay looks to be pointing to a small market correction back towards MSRP....just gotta wait it out :(

jshen

Established Member
Used car add

In local paper...GT500 white w/blue stripes...$75,000.00.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
That letter is total :bs: Wait one year (possibly less) for MSRP and you will be getting a great car for the money!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I said before And I'll say it again, you'll buy one for MSRP in February, the downturn has already started.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Chris Benvie said:
I said before And I'll say it again, you'll buy one for MSRP in February, the downturn has already started.

Chris:

I hope you are right! :-D But February is a little optimistic I think? I hope I'm wrong!

Next Spring (like every Spring) people get in a mood to buy new cars and demand will be up for the car. There should be plenty of supply by that time but I don't see demand being satisfied in four months! :eek: Yes, February is only four months away!!

IMHO we have to wait for the Spring and Summer rush before you see consistent MSRP for the car? Again, just my opinion!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You're exactly right! There will be plenty of supply, the market can only withstand the bubble for so long. Most people that buy Cobras are working-middle-uppermiddle-class people that are willing to wait for a good price, once all the people have paid way over sticker for this car have paid it, the markups will go away. This group of people obviously has serious cash to pay $65k for a mustang.

I say most dealers will have this car at MSRP by february, the markets with exception will be the NewEngland/New York, California, and Florida Markets which will still be in that $5k over MSRP range. Only because these are the markets that support bubbles (like realestate) because of the higher income levels. By summer these markets will cool off as well. Otherwise the rest of the markets, (midwest, central US) will be at MSRP by february if not before as they cannot support this markup as a market for that long.

Now of course I could be wrong IF there is a production stoppage, a strike at the Ford Plant, or some other act of God, but judging upon current market statistics, it seems this is what is going to happen.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
i would be shocked if a dealer did not lie or spin the facts on the availibility and value of the gt500. hell yes its :bs: , but from a dealership i would expect nothing less!:poke:

97snake

Attorney at Law
Established Member
That letter is the EXACT REASON why I did not replace my 97 Cobra with a GT500. I honestly miss not having my Cobra but I did get a car I wanted for 4k off MSRP.

As for which car is better....who cares. Both are great cars. :)

05GTOguy

Established Member
Haha, how is the GT500 a better "sports car" ? Is it the lack of HID lighting? The low-rent base V6 interior? The lack of IRS? That dealer should just STFU about where the GT500 doesn't compare well and just leave it to the performance #'s, Mustang heritage, Shelby name.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
05GTOguy said:
Haha, how is the GT500 a better "sports car" ? Is it the lack of HID lighting? The low-rent base V6 interior? The lack of IRS? That dealer should just STFU about where the GT500 doesn't compare well and just leave it to the performance #'s, Mustang heritage, Shelby name.

i think its the lack of leaf springs.:D

05GTOguy

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i think its the lack of leaf springs.:D

Leaf springs have done extremely well for the vette. Doesn't seem to hurt the Z06 posting the 2nd fastest time for a production car around the "ring" in Germany. :rockon:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
IamMike said:
Hi Michael,

I totally appreciate your concerns regarding pricing. However, I do respectfully disagree with you in regard to the comparison between the GT500 and the Corvette. While the Corvette is a fine sports car, the GT500 is a limited,rare model (unlike the Corvette that you can find around any corner at any time) and a much better built automobile, and worth every penny of the money the consumer spends for it. As a matter of fact, Consumer Reports rated the Mustang line the best built vehicle for the money as compared to ALL sports cars. So, if you'd be willing to spend that kind of money on a Corvette, you'd actually be getting a much better vehicle for the money with the GT500, hence your resale value/collector's value would be greater, which is why they are worth far above MSRP (and Ford understands those values are built in when they calculate MSRP).

As I mentioned, we have one allocation left and we'd be happy to offer that you. Let me know if you reconsider.

Karrie
Northpoint and Heiser Ford
414-586-7151

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread