EliteXC goes down, with Kimbo...

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
As previously stated, Kimbo loses EliteXC is done. :p
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dm-elitexc102008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Check THIS out though...

Ken Shamrock, scheduled as the opponent of Slice, got into a money argument with Elite XC officials before the show, and then, to blow off steam, did a training session in which he suffered a cut above his eye that required stitches. When he returned from the hospital, the Florida State Boxing Commission wouldn’t allow him to fight.

The whole thing is beyond fishy. IMO, Ken wasn't getting the money he wanted to take a dive and decided to get "cut" right before the fight to screw EliteXC over. EliteXC finds Seth and tries to pay him to keep it standing and Seth ends up knocking Kimbo out.

It couldn't have played out better if the FBI had wire taps and surveillance... lol

Last edited:

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Well, it looks like Kimbo is just going to have to go back to making money in the back yard.

blownnotcher

MACA Resident MMA Fighter
Established Member
i think corano will find somewere prob affliction, but i think kimbo is done, dana white already said he doesnt want him, wich sucks because he is a fun guy to watch, and i do think hating on him isnt warranted, if someone saw you fight, offered you 6 figures with no real experience, hell id do it if i had to go against fedor every night for a month

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
i think corano will find somewere prob affliction, but i think kimbo is done, dana white already said he doesnt want him, wich sucks because he is a fun guy to watch, and i do think hating on him isnt warranted, if someone saw you fight, offered you 6 figures with no real experience, hell id do it if i had to go against fedor every night for a month

And you'd be by far the richest vegetable on the face of the earth. :D

tegaman111

Established Member
first rule in investing!! do not put all your eggs in one basket!! kimbo can still do it- he'll just have to come up the hard way just like everyone else!! he has the right people in his training camp.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I called that one, but it wasn't really much of a surprise.

Really, Kimbo wouldn't be that fun to watch in any other league because he would get his ass kicked in every match. Even the worst HW in any league have years of experience over him.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
I think you are misunderstanding, Dana doesn't hate Kimbo he just doesn't feel that he is a good fit for the organization. His quote says that Kimbo doesn't have the skills of a mid level fighter.

Friendchicken

I think you are misunderstanding, Dana doesn't hate Kimbo he just doesn't feel that he is a good fit for the organization. His quote says that Kimbo doesn't have the skills of a mid level fighter.

+1

It's bad for the franchise. It would end up turning this into a circus and open the door to other loonies. WWF/WWE lol?

Users who are viewing this thread