Electrical problem, need some suggestions.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Bl4ckedoutc0bra said:
They called me and said the battery is dead. Also, the new Motorcraft starter they got was supposedly bad because it continued to click once and no zoom zoom. We'll see what they say next. :(

With the new battery the started is dead? Or with a recharged battery?

01cobrasouth

01cobrasouth
Established Member
If the car will run for a little bit before the battery light comes on it might be the battery and it might be the alternator the easiest way to check the alternator is while the car is running disconnect the battery if it keeps on running its the battery if it dies its the alternator.

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
They replaced the battery and alternator now all is well.. Well, kinda.

At least one of my damn a$$ motor mounts and possibly tranny mount is kaput. :(

YardSpecial

War Veteran X 2
Established Member
Qoute:
the alternator the easiest way to check the alternator is while the car is running disconnect the battery if it keeps on running its the battery if it dies its the alternator

That is a GREAT to FU a car and does not prove a dam thing.

Get a meter azz hat !!

cobraracer46

Banned
01LaserCobra said:
Qoute:
the alternator the easiest way to check the alternator is while the car is running disconnect the battery if it keeps on running its the battery if it dies its the alternator

That is a GREAT to FU a car and does not prove a dam thing.

Get a meter azz hat !!
Absolutely true. If you disconnect the battery cable while the car is running, you will introduce a huge electrical spike that will wipe out an alternator, so if you do that test, you will most certainly have to buy a new alternator!

01cobrasouth

01cobrasouth
Established Member
Thats messed up just because I didn't know any better thats the way I've always done it and I've never had to buy an alternator I wasn't trying to give the wrong advice

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
01cobrasouth said:
Thats messed up just because I didn't know any better thats the way I've always done it and I've never had to buy an alternator I wasn't trying to give the wrong advice
You could do that in the old days, not with the computerized stuff today.

You can fry the alternator and/or the ECM.

97Stangv6

Distractions suck....
Established Member
I had a bad connection on the battery ound once. It would come and go. I remember one time the car was running and it was at night, Everything dimmed and the idle dropped a few hundred rpms and the voltage guage dropped pretty low. It went back to normal after a few minutes and a few days later i could'nt start the car due to the bad connection. My alternator seem to still work...maybe i'm lucky...?

I had to clean up the connection about 4 times (Couldnt start the car). I finaly bought a new connector and and sprayed the terminal protector stuff on their and i've had no problems for a few months......who would've thought! Thats what i get for being lazy.

Last edited:

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
Looks like my damnass motor mounts weren't broken afterall. The bolts which go into the block snapped, leaving half of one inside the block. This sounds kinda bad :(

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Bl4ckedoutc0bra said:
Looks like my damnass motor mounts weren't broken afterall. The bolts which go into the block snapped, leaving half of one inside the block. This sounds kinda bad :(

Mine did that. It cost around 450 for them to pull the K-member and drill the bolt out.

Users who are viewing this thread