Electrical guys - please advise

TxCobra76

Established Member
I have a set of moisture rated cans in my walk in shower. I would bet the ones in your parents house are rated for moisture also. I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to use a heat lamp because of burning up the rubber seal that seals the bulb to the housing. Also my trim piece that goes around the bulb is aluminum with a rubber seal under it. That aluminum would get very hot very fast!

I'm not a electrician either but have wired several houses with no catostrophic failures.... yet lol

Jon82387

Established Member
Really there are no "moisture rated" cans...... its the actual trim that makes them moisture rated. Any trims inside a shower will be pretty much flat with glass and have a rubber seal to keep moisture out.

There are many different bath fan/light/heater combos but im honestly not sure whithout looking at the specs which are rated for in shower use.....

Definitely dont think just putting a heat lamp inside your can is a good idea....

And more than likely yes any sort of heater setup you will need to run a seperate 20amp circuit to for the amperage it will draw.

Hope the builder gets you all squared away, good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread