Electric cutouts

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I have 2 QTP 2.5in cutouts to go on my car this winter. Anyone install them on their stock x pipe? I'd like to see where you placed them.

abramsbrian

Established Member
I will post up some pictures of mine this weekend. I have them mounted right after the off road X pipe. I have headers on my car and love the sound. The switch is on the left side of my center council. I will post a picture of the switch too.

fastpny

Established Member
I was told by reputable tuner not to get these on my GT500. He says can possibly effect the O2 sensors and actually cause you to lose power? Edit

Last edited:

bossnova3

Established Member
I gained 25rwhp and 30tq with 3" QTP cutout.... The only down side my car keeps bending the butterfly.

Reis racing

Established Member
I've seen it work with my own eyes on a dyno my buddy gained 20hp with a ls1 camaro, I think they are mounted after the 02s there shouldn't be a problem? I can see it having problem if mounted before the 02s with false readings.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I have a set of the 2.5 QTP electronic cutouts sitting in my garage. Been putting off having them installed. May just sell them since I could use the money for moving.

bossnova3

Established Member
Just make sure you weld something on the butterfly to prevent them from bending. Believe me at WOT they'll bend like butter.....

2nd2none

Established Member
Never seen one of these cutouts in person. Is there a good place to install them where they won't stick down low and scrape on speed bumps or such. Some pics would be great. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread