Electric cutouts

Reis racing

Established Member
Has anyone tried elec. cutouts on there Gt500? My buddy put one on his 98 trans am all motor and made 20hp, I was there to see it also. He had stock exhaust and those cars go from 2 to 1 and back to 2 so the stock exhaust is restricted.

athlon551

Established Member
I have them on my car.... only netted 8rwhp but it was the 4 pull and no time too cool between 3 and 4th pull... but I would do it again because of the option of having a nascar or mustang sound anytime I want.

Reis racing

Established Member
I have them on my car.... only netted 8rwhp but it was the 4 pull and no time too cool between 3 and 4th pull... but I would do it again because of the option of having a nascar or mustang sound anytime I want.

U will gain more hp if u have stock exhaust. I ran into a guy with a new camaro with full aftermarket exhaust and he said he only gained 5hp. But his car sounded sick with a cam and the cutout wide open at idle.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Does your tune need to be adjusted for the cutouts?

ZROTOWTF

Established Member
Does your tune need to be adjusted for the cutouts?

I'd like to know this too as I've been considering these for a long time. I'm assuming you could put them after the H Pipe somewhere on a car still running cats and you wouldn't have to adjust the tune, is that right?

ZROTOWTF

Established Member
This is for Van also, you said you don't have them on the site but can we still get them from you now?

Also, since the '11 GT500 has 2.75" pipe and they only sell 2.50 or 3.00 cutouts, how does this work? I'm assuming the 3.00 is the way to go so you're not bottlenecking the whole system down to 2.50

Yellow Horse

Established Member
How would the motor sound with the cutouts coming off the headers? Seems like it would sound like a pulp wood truck in the swamps of NW FL.

shelbysvt

Established Member
Excuse my ignorance but what are electric cut outs? Are those like what are on the zl1 camaro and other cars when your under a certain RPM its quieter and limited then when you slam on it everything opens up and its louder?

rlhay2

Established Member
It can make a big difference at higher hp levels.

On my car, when open it is an additional 70hp.

HONEY BADGER

Established Member
I would like to know how well they clear the ground. My car is pretty low as it is. And also some switch mounting locations. My last car i had a DMH cutout (very nice) and the switch was round, which fit perfect in the cigarette lighter.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Excuse my ignorance but what are electric cut outs? Are those like what are on the zl1 camaro and other cars when your under a certain RPM its quieter and limited then when you slam on it everything opens up and its louder?

Flip a switch and your exhaust bypasses the mufflers and is much louder.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd love to get a set and throw them on right after the turbos.... car would probably sound like a jet. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread