Eleanor!

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Geez, I was waiting for him to give it some gas! I'll have to take a vid of my old car, thanks god for fuel injection, that bad boy was cold blooded!

83 5oh

Wait, Wait...Thats a Cat?
Established Member
anybody else notice that the stereo just kinda slid out of the back of the dash...that car es muy bueno! mucho sexo

03wanted

Behind a Cobra
Established Member
Sounds unreal!
I love those cars more and more the more I see them.
It was finally nice enough up here for my buddy to bring his Super Snake out....talk about :D

Is that a Unique Performance car too?

BTW your buddy needs to strap on a set and let her rip.

Unclebens

my sack is huge
Established Member
tristateZ28Lt1 said:
Is that the Super Snake with 700+hp or the "normal" version? Anybody know?

Not sure . . . thought the Super Snakes had a triple stripe. :shrug: If this is a Unique performance car the dual stripes signify that it’s a "normal" version.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It wasn't a Super Snake. They have a distinct look to them and that wasn't it. Not sure if its bodwork or what but that looked like a regular one. One of the comments said it had a 427 side oiler though.

Fiveoh93Snake

Snake Bitten!
Established Member
This car appears to be a Maier or Classic Recreations car (Classic Recreations utilizes the Maier Racing Eleanor Body Kit). The Key differences between a Unique Performance Eleanor and a Maier or Classic Recreations is that Unique's body kit consists of the rear fender flares being blended into the rear quarter panels. Unique's kit comes with new front fenders and fender flares already blended into them giving more of a factory look. The Maier racing kit comes with only the flares which give the "bolton" look which actually is more authentic if your looking for a dead on clone of the real Eleanor.

For my 67 Fastback: Project Eleanor; I am using the Unique Performance Body Kit just as personal preference. Exterior wise my car will look virtually identical to the real Eleanor with complete body kit, upper and lower billet grills, complete Eleanor PIAA lighting, and of course the Eleanor style wheels w/knockoffs; 17x8 front w/ 245-45s and 17x9.5 w/ 315-35 Nittos in the rear. Interior wise I am changing things up a bit with Corbeau seats as I cannot stand the lowback factory mustang seats. Also the stock guage cluster will be tossed in favor of JME's custom deluxe cluster w/integrated Autometer guages.
Drivetrain currently consists of a 351 Cleveland w/2V heads, Edelbrock intake and holley carb, unknown lumpy ass cam, and slushbox. Car WILL have a Windsor based stroker w/a 6 speed manual. Brakes will consist of a manual to power 4 wheel disc brake swap utilizing Baer products. Suspension will consist of a front coil over conversion with a power rack and pinion conversion from the god awful sluggish manual steering. Rear suspension I am entertaining the idea of a 03-04 cobra IRS swap. So any of you guys converting to a beefed up solid setup keep me in mind on your IRS. :D No doubt this build is definately going to take some time and patience but I believe once its done it will be one bad mutha. Now I'm sure some of you would like to see some pics; so hopefully this weekend I can break out the camera and get some pics posted of the cars current state and keep yall informed throughout the cars build. :rolling:

03wanted

Behind a Cobra
Established Member
svtfocus2cobra said:
It wasn't a Super Snake. They have a distinct look to them and that wasn't it. Not sure if its bodwork or what but that looked like a regular one. One of the comments said it had a 427 side oiler though.
No it was no Super Snake.

My buddies sounds like a friggin cammed F-16. Its unreal, next to my other buddies 349 ci procharged (F1A @ 21lbs) you cant even hear the fox, only "Eleanor" Those are unreal cars. They cant be explained, they have to be seen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread