Elbow results?

Brickell gt500

Established Member
I just wanted to see if there is quantitative results. I was looking at the BPS. I have a vmp 67 mm, 2.4, o/r x. I want to ask the forum about adding that and that only that. Any dyno numbers? Is the mod a night and day difference? I presently have no desire to buy a larger tb. Thanks.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
I don't think it's a night and day difference, but you'll most likely see an extra 5-10 hp. which isn't bad for the cost and you'll be removing a restriction point from the intake.

Last edited:

DJSCIASCIA

Established Member
I put my elbow on at the same time I put on my intake and vmp throttle body. I'm sure it def helped with some extra hp but I'm sure it'll really shine once I add a pulley.

carguy19

Established Member
I just wanted to see if there is quantitative results. I was looking at the BPS. I have a vmp 67 mm, 2.4, o/r x. I want to ask the forum about adding that and that only that. Any dyno numbers? Is the mod a night and day difference? I presently have no desire to buy a larger tb. Thanks.

The bps and aftermarket elbows still benefit from porting. You don't get the full potential of the elbow without porting and smoothing out the rough casting.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks. The forum votes no on the aftermarket elbows.

What?
It's completelt wrong to think they don't help as ANY restriction in front of the blower will increase its efficiency, no debate there.
If your running an aftermarket TB, the elbow just makes good sense and even better if BPS ports it for free like they were.
I'm very happy with my BPS elbow
-J

Njtony

Established Member

Have a bps for sale if youre interested. Nothing wrong with the elbow but having a lip at the junction between the blower and elbow bothered me enough to go back to stock. pm me

Live Faster

Need for SPEED!!!
Established Member
Have a bps for sale if youre interested. Nothing wrong with the elbow but having a lip at the junction between the blower and elbow bothered me enough to go back to stock. pm me

I adjusted mine so it's perfectly matched up without any issues.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Put my elbow on with my ported blower back in the spring. Elbow was portmatched to the blower,,,no lip,,perfect match,,smooth flow of air coming in.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

carguy19

Established Member

Tony, You just have to smooth out the elbow so it flows better and there is no lip on it.
If you need help with it let me know.

Njtony

Established Member
Tony, You just have to smooth out the elbow so it flows better and there is no lip on it.
If you need help with it let me know.

Not looking to grind the blower down to eliminate the lip. I want to be able to put the car back to 100% stock eventually before I sell it. Im not even sure if the lip has a negative effect on the flow but the hp difference is not large enough for me to bother with it at this point.

DJSCIASCIA

Established Member
My only complaint if u wanna call it one is that with the elbow and bigger throttle body my intake is pushed forward more and is to tight for any adjustments. I noticed at the coupler for the throttle and intake, the intake is pushing up in the coupler. I was thinking of cutting the end of the intake by a half inch to adjust for the bigger throttle body but I'm not sure if it would mess with any maf readings.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for all the responses. Does anyone have any dyno results?

With just elbow alone? You might get 5-10hp but I'd doubt that alone, however, combined with a larger CAI and TB it's part of the package.
It's is definitely a worthwhile mod, who has a stock TB and CAI anyway? :)
-J

Users who are viewing this thread