Eibach Pro Kit vs H&R Race Springs?

Dave.O

Established Member
Can you elaborate on welding the shock and strut towers?
I know that the old school big block mustangs frequently did that but have not heard of it on an SN95 chassis.
I open track my CO set up

shurur

Established Member
Can you elaborate on welding the shock and strut towers?
I know that the old school big block mustangs frequently did that but have not heard of it on an SN95 chassis.
I open track my CO set up

You are better off going into those forums on SVTP or searching on corner carvers.
I'm just a daily driver guy.

I'd go forward with the sport spring and tokicos for now and research the CO at your leisure.

shurur

Established Member
I've had the Eibach Pro Kit on my 01 for 15 years and it's been fine with the stock shocks and struts. No isolators either. Granted my car only has 60K on it but everything is still fine.

Maybe the 01 (99-fixed) had better rear shocks..but i don't think so. The 99 for sure would not stand for lowering springs.

DarkRattle

Established Member
You are better off going into those forums on SVTP or searching on corner carvers.
I'm just a daily driver guy.

I'd go forward with the sport spring and tokicos for now and research the CO at your leisure.
you think the H&R Race springs would work fine with the Tokicos or should I just go with the recommended Sport? I just want to be as fast as a 918 :*( The guy who sold me my cold air intake said it would make me the cobra as fast as a 918.

shurur

Established Member
you think the H&R Race springs would work fine with the Tokicos or should I just go with the recommended Sport? I just want to be as fast as a 918 :*( The guy who sold me my cold air intake said it would make me the cobra as fast as a 918.
I think MM recommended hr sports because the vert f/r weight ratio is different that the coupe.

I would go with those or voglands....probably the sports because they are less progressive.
Vogland F: 742-400 R: 713-274
H&R Sport F: 700-760 R: 685

DarkRattle

Established Member
I think MM recommended hr sports because the vert f/r weight ratio is different that the coupe.

I would go with those or voglands....probably the sports because they are less progressive.
Vogland Sport F: 742-400 R: 713-274
H&R Sport F: 700-760 R: 685
God knows the world of a difference even the sport will make over the stock suspension I'm running right now, the car is literally a boat.

shurur

Established Member
God knows the world of a difference even the sport will make over the stock suspension I'm running right now, the car is literally a boat.

yup..and don't worry about getting it all right the first time.
The mods you do will grow as your purpose for the car, your knowledge of things technical and your paycheck grows...

I'm just a daily driver guy and a google search genius;-)

DarkRattle

Established Member
yup..and don't worry about getting it all right the first time.
The mods you do will grow as your purpose for the car, your knowledge of thing and your paycheck grows...
Yeah good point, my problem is I just want to get it all done at once haha, eaton swap, suspension, exhaust just all at once, I need to pace myself do it one at a time. IDK if you guys have this fear, but my ultimate fear in life is if one day I lose control of it and just crash the thing or worse have someone crash into me... man that would suck. Not that I think I'm stupid enough to ever have that happen, it's just one of those things for me lol. Maybe because I invested so much time and money :/

shurur

Established Member
Yeah good point, my problem is I just want to get it all done at once haha, eaton swap, suspension, exhaust just all at once, I need to pace myself do it one at a time. IDK if you guys have this fear, but my ultimate fear in life is if one day I lose control of it and just crash the thing or worse have someone crash into me... man that would suck. Not that I think I'm stupid enough to ever have that happen, it's just one of those things for me lol. Maybe because I invested so much time and money :/

I created a spread sheet 10 years ago. I not through it all yet. I've only just finished the suspension list and will be going after NA power "shortly."..eventually..

Yup.. IMO racing is for rich folks..I'm scared just on the HW..but I don't take shit either...

Enjoy each hard fought for mod and Enjoy the ride.

DarkRattle

Established Member
I created a spread sheet 10 years ago. I not through it all yet. I've only just finished the suspension list and will be going after NA power "shortly."..eventually..

Yup.. IMO racing is for rich folks..I'm scared just on the HW..but I don't take shit either...

Enjoy each hard fought for mod and Enjoy the ride.
It's these gosh darnit Coyotes and Civic SI's that always pullup that won't let go when you're with your girl xD

shurur

Established Member
handling..handling handling...my wife doesn't ride with Kelly and me anymore..

DarkRattle

Established Member
handling..handling handling...my wife doesn't ride with Kelly and me anymore..
btw been meaning to ask, how did the 3.73s compare to the stock 3.27s? I'm thinking of coming down from 4.30s to 3.73 since I'm eaton swapping.

Users who are viewing this thread