Eibach pro kit install impressions

DocSean

Established Member
First things first, I come from the BMW world, and my previous DD was a 2001 M coupe....the install on this mustang is as simple as they come, cakewalk! I almost still can't believe how easy it was.

couple pointers: on the front, have a partner push the strut mount out ( from inside the engine bay) as you drop the strut down. The stut mount WILL separate if you are not careful, and little ball bearings will go everywhere. I've been told the upper strut mount is one time use, but I call b.s. in it.

Make sure you have a star shaped bit for the rear bum stop bracket.

You will need an impact for the strut nut unless you buy new strut mounts ( the kit comes with a new strut nut)

The drop is mild on day one, 2 finger gap up front, and 3 in the rear. In my opinion, I'd like another half inch drop in the rear and quarter up front (hopefully it will settle)

The rear diff is misaligned by about a third of an inch positive on the drivers side, decide for yourself if you want a pan hard bar.

Impressions: the car is as comfortable as stock in 95% of driving conditions. Only on really poor surfaces does it feel rougher to any noticeable extent...your average passenger will never notice.

The steering feels more taught, more aggressive...although this is more likely do to alignment, it feels really nice.

Anyone who is considering the kit, it's great quality with great support from eibach. The install took myself and another friend ( both of us average to food DIY'ers) about 2.5 hours.

Any questions, feel free to PM me.

Sean

DocSean

Established Member
Wish I could say I had taken some before ots, but I didn't. I'll try to get some after photos following an alignment.

Users who are viewing this thread