EGR Delete and PCV Questions

carguy96

Established Member
I am in the middle of my blower swap and have deleted EGR. I realized there are a few plastic vacuum lines (red and green in color) and wanted to know if I can just leave them there or if I need to block them off somehow.

In addition to that, I was not wise and did not pay attention when I disconnected the hoses for the PCV under the intake manifold. For the hoses that form the “T” shape, the hose that would connect to the passenger side, would that be the hose I’ve got pictures with the blue tape?

Attachments

• 357210AD-5B0E-40CF-A16E-A763C82F62DF.jpeg
    357210AD-5B0E-40CF-A16E-A763C82F62DF.jpeg
    422.9 KB · Views: 361
  • 71D7953D-8559-4737-99D6-6A3C60AAF430.jpeg
    71D7953D-8559-4737-99D6-6A3C60AAF430.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 279

mbsvt

My Hot Rod's
Established Member
The hose with the blue tape gets manifold vacuum to supply your vapor management valve. The vmv is in the passenger fender well.
You can delete the red vacuum line for the egr valve solenoid but you will need the red vacuum line for your fuel rail pressure sensor and other vacuum supply source.
like boost gauge and other interior controls like your a/c controls.
Hope this helps
MB

carguy96

Established Member
The hose with the blue tape gets manifold vacuum to supply your vapor management valve. The vmv is in the passenger fender well.
You can delete the red vacuum line for the egr valve solenoid but you will need the red vacuum line for your fuel rail pressure sensor and other vacuum supply source.
like boost gauge and other interior controls like your a/c controls.
Hope this helps
MB

Thanks! So the black hose is EVAP, or is that different?

And if I were to leave the red line that would be for the EGR solenoid, would there be a consequence to doing that? I assume no vacuum leaks from that.

And I guess I am still a tad lost on what hose now connects to the one side of the "T" shaped PCV line that runs from the bottom of the lower intake manifold to what I assume would be the passenger side of the car towards the firewall. I know that the side that goes to the driver side runs to the PCV on the driver side valve cover at the back.

mbsvt

My Hot Rod's
Established Member
PCV T fitting_ _ _one side goes to back of super charger (larger port) small part of the tee goes down under intake manifold , one side pcv..red line on fords are always vacuum port.

Users who are viewing this thread