EFA vs MACA May24th Official Thread!!!

SC427

Established Member
Nope, MIR is not new at all. They did just repave a lot of stuff and built completely new concessions/bathrooms.

Great time today guys. I got 23 runs in, even though I lost in the first round of both 12.50 index and brackets, but I definitely got my moneys worth. :D As Tim suggested, I should probably change my name to hotlapper... :burnout:

The bathrooms were unbelievable!

They were just as crappy 25 years ago as they were last year.
The new concession/bathroom are really nice.

Mints and candies on a table as you exited. ROTFALMAO:D:D:D
I got a real kick out of that.
They did have a bathroom attendant as well. He was cruisin' around on a golf cart.

roush24

Established Member
ok so am i missing something? wheres the vid n pics at guys?

how bout posting up your times as well

SC427

Established Member
I have some pics of guys cars but none of them on the track.
One vid with my dig camera but the quality sucks.

My best time was a 12.06 @ 120.42 mph with a 1.892 60 foot.

I only got three runs in and they kicked me off the track.:shrug:

I wanted to break into the 11's with my current set up but was not able to get enough runs in.

pictures later. I am going outside.:coolman:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
SC427, why did they kick you out? I heard them call you back to tech, but for what??

My best of the day was a 12.48 @ 112 w/ a 1.78 60', but got my best mph ever at 114. Ran consistent 12.6's and 12.7's hotlapping all day long haha. Couldn't get my dad 60' down though.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
11.95 @122 w/a 1.90 60' First time EVER running on a track! :banana: Thank God I didn't burn my clutch all the way up trying to do a burnout LOL

Oh yeah, I won a 2nd place trophy and $75 also. Not bad for a rookie!!!

Last edited:

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
I was in full strret trim and out of 5 attempts, I only made it into all the gears 1 time, and that was 11.1 @ 128 on a 1.73 60'. I need to figure out whether it's my adjustment, clutch, or tranny. I'm putting the firewall adjuster and quadrant on tomorrow.
i'll get my videos up tonight. I fell asleep before the kids last night! haha

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
12.1 @ 122 with a 2.09 60'
11.95 @122 w/a 1.90 60' First time EVER running on a track! :banana: Thank God I didn't burn my clutch all the way up trying to do a burnout LOL

Oh yeah, I won a 2nd place trophy and $75 also. Not bad for a rookie!!!
Great job fellas!!! Be sure to send Antex a PM with your exact times & MPH's so that he can add you to the MACA 1/4 thread. :banana:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Was just thinking this morning how nice it was that nobody broke a half shaft. Even though I brought a spare just in case.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Yeah Dale, I was surprised they didn't get on you, esp considering the number of runs you made. The only thing I can think of that would be different would be trap speed...perhaps they were worried because he was running 120mph.

+1 on the no broken half shafts, I was a little surprised.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Great job fellas!!! Be sure to send Antex a PM with your exact times & MPH's so that he can add you to the MACA 1/4 thread. :banana:

Thanx Dwight. I was just thinking all I need to do is shave a second off my time and we'll be even LOL. :burnout::lol:

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Congrats again Rodney, great job for your first time out :beer:

Thanx Richie and thanx for trying to help me out as well. I'm glad there were guys out there that didn't mind passing knowledge on and offering advice. I needed it, but not as much as I'll need to swap my clutch soon. I guess everyone forgot to mention that you have to have your foot COMPLETELY off the clutch if you're to be doing burnouts LOL

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
congratulation to all the participants . I should have been there but read the post too late. I would have loved to see this event. Carlos posted some videos lots of nice pases:beer:

I will get even once I get back to my baby on Friday night.:burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout:

:-D

Venimus03

Established Member
Thanx Richie and thanx for trying to help me out as well. I'm glad there were guys out there that didn't mind passing knowledge on and offering advice. I needed it, but not as much as I'll need to swap my clutch soon. I guess everyone forgot to mention that you have to have your foot COMPLETELY off the clutch if you're to be doing burnouts LOL

No problem :beer:, might be easier to do a burnount in tennis shoes instead of those Tim's :poke: :rolling:

2ndplacerodney.JPG

SC427

Established Member
SC427, why did they kick you out? I heard them call you back to tech, but for what??
QUOTE]

I am guessing he got booted for not having an official roll bar for a vert. You got lucky Dale.

That was it. THe guy at tech said his boss in the tower didn't like me just having a headbar ( as he called it) going that fast.
We run these cars at club track events and the Headbar works to protect the driver in a roll over. Oh well. I still had fun! :banana:

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
No problem :beer:, might be easier to do a burnount in tennis shoes instead of those Tim's :poke: :rolling:

You're probably right. I should probably bring my own bucket of water too since the water box at MIR obviously has a hole in it! :bash: :rolling:

chevyman22

Established Member
That was it. THe guy at tech said his boss in the tower didn't like me just having a headbar ( as he called it) going that fast.
We run these cars at club track events and the Headbar works to protect the driver in a roll over. Oh well. I still had fun! :banana:
The rollbar rule for a convertible is 13.49 so you were actually lucky they let you run 3 times. You need a 6 point cage at that speed.

Users who are viewing this thread