EDP 7475 Results

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
Exactly the type of info that needs to be shared! Actual data!
In for when route cause is establish and the problem corrected.

Let's hope this doesn't mean everyone having this issue will have to go out and buy new 500+$ intercoolers

Established Member
Exactly the type of info that needs to be shared! Actual data!
In for when route cause is establish and the problem corrected.

Let's hope this doesn't mean everyone having this issue will have to go out and buy new 500+$ intercoolers

I hope that's what i am providing. I am moving the car to the dyno as i type this with the intercooler bypassed, we will know whats going on as soon as i get a pull in.

JTS_7

Established Member
Interesting. But I am confused as to why some people say they are not having this issue.......

402 thumbs up man. Glad to see progress being made on the issue.

Established Member
I haven't ruled out the BOV with a combination of the pressure drop over the intercooler being a problem or not yet. We will see... 21311384221_20629062d4_o.jpg

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Interesting. I thought even the cheap china intercoolers only had a 1-2 psi pressure drop.

Established Member
I'm a little confused on the BOV being in the equation. thinking it's opening? or wha?

This is PURELY speculation. After my convo with EDP i am curious on the spring selection is correct or not. What i am thinking if there is 15 psi before pre intercooler and only 8 after intercooler in the manifold. Only 8 psi is applying to the top of the BOV to keep 15 psi contained. Spring should take up that slack if its heavy enough but might be too light. Hope that makes sense. Once that pressure drop is fixed and no longer seeing such a radical difference the BOV problem would fix itself anyway.

bigriff85

Established Member
tried a vortech/paxton intercooler too didn't change much either. The f350 air to water intercooler didn't change anything either...car still hits a wall at 6k

Established Member
Ok, i am still trying to figure this out. We went from 5.5+ pressure drop to 3.5 at 6000 rpm. 2 psi difference, doesn't sound like much but it could be a step in the right direction. So i am trying to figure out where the extra pressure drop is coming from and why. Techincally i could have dropped 4-5 psi of back pressure. That run with no intercooler was the highest HP this car has laid down at 8-9 psi.
I will say this with the intercooler in place this thing would nose over HARD past 6500 and almost sound like a miss. Without the intercooler it was still showing signs of it nosing over at 6500 but was a couple hp instead of 80hp and no audible noise.

Give me a bit to compare some charts and get them ready to share.

Last edited:

Established Member
This is with no intercooler.
EDP2.png

I goofed on this one, my dyno stopped reading past 6500 but from the log, noise, and dyno chart it was not going to dropped like it id.

The higher/shorter is with no intercooler. The lower with the severe dip is with intercooler.
EDP3.png

Without thinking about this too much, we are either on a thin line where the valve train begins to float and/or this coldside piping just flat out sucks. If i had time I would build a temp pipe straight from the turbo to the throttle body in 4 inch and try that...
I am still not convinced the exhaust is the issue with only a 2:1 ratio. Thats common place for street turbo kits. I would start to worry if it was more than that.

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
What is back pressure rite before the dips and what is the pressure in the worst of the dip?
Where are you getting a 2:1 ratio? Am I reading the first chart correct in that the 17psi (red) is back pressure and the 8 (flat blue line) is inlet/boost? Then the red line below the hp line is compressor pressure?

JTS_7

Established Member
Tough call. The JPC/CPR single kits dont seem to have an issue with float until your higher up in HP. My on3 kit had some janky ass winding piping with a cheap ass chinese intercooler and had no issue making 750 and has made more than that ( not apples to apples).

Hopefully you figure it out though (if that is your mission)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread