Edit - MMR is Vindicated - OP's Claims Prove to be FALSE

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
My lawyer is taking care of it now I give up trying to talk to them

No, your lawyer is talking to their lawyer. So, still don't know if a production error or whether your tuner washed the cylinders down. Better figure it out before you install your next motor.

wildman97

Established Member
A79AA9B2-E5A2-4F1F-89E6-BA0E92075468_zpsvzzuwzlo.png

- Is the short block past the 18 months for the warranty? The receipt you posted say "No Questions Asked"?
- Why does the receipt have Eaton 18lbs of boost? Thought you had a KB with 23lbs? (why did MMR need that info?)
- You said you sold this motor to your friend, did he install it? Why the tear down?

Sorry just a few questions, kinda curious.

eaton04mach1

Established Member
MMR is junk

Still have like 6 months
The reason it says eaton is at the time I bought a eaton with a stage 6 port well that never got installed I wanted more power then the eaton could give me so I bought a brand new kennebell 2.8 LC
The reason for the tear down is I bought a 3.6 LC kennebell and kennebell told me this blower with make you 1400 hp with supporting mods so I bought one and I new the mmr block was only good to 1000 so I sold it to my friend
Well he wanted to put new rings and a few other stuff just for a piece of mine kind of thing it's cool for the ? And that's when his mechanic noticed I didn't think anything about it because it only had 1,800 miles on it

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Still have like 6 months
The reason it says eaton is at the time I bought a eaton with a stage 6 port well that never got installed I wanted more power then the eaton could give me so I bought a brand new kennebell 2.8 LC
The reason for the tear down is I bought a 3.6 LC kennebell and kennebell told me this blower with make you 1400 hp with supporting mods so I bought one and I new the mmr block was only good to 1000 so I sold it to my friend
Well he wanted to put new rings and a few other stuff just for a piece of mine kind of thing it's cool for the ? And that's when his mechanic noticed I didn't think anything about it because it only had 1,800 miles on it

I smell shenanigans.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This is certainly a strange post but we will try to address it as best we can, looking at the invoice we would guess this engine is about 1 year old, it certainly does not appear to have 1800 miles (we would guess much more). Regardless, the marks on the pistons are NOT an indication of improper machine work as the internet experts that have never built an engine would like you to believe. Google for example OVERHEATED PISTON

Notice the similarity.

Moving forward, there are many things that can cause this (overheating being just 1 of hundreds) , this engine may still be under warranty, (obviously overheating would NOT be covered) if it is we can pick it up and inspect it, but we certainly cannot tell what happened without having the parts in our hands - Sony wont send you a new TV simply because you call them and tell them the one you purchased 1 year earlier is bad. Once the engine comes in we can diagnose and document it and go from there. There havent been any facts (ie he claims we built it wrong yet has provided ZERO measurements or facts to back up his claims - pictures are great but a picture of a airplane that has crashed into the ground doesnt explain why it crashed and we will leave this thread at that. If the OP would like to contact me (company owner) directly my email is [email protected] and I am happy to help you - even though you have come on here and bashed us.

Last edited:

eaton04mach1

Established Member
This is certainly a strange post but we will try to address it as best we can, looking at the invoice we would guess this engine is about 1 year old, it certainly does not appear to have 1800 miles (we would guess much more). Regardless, the marks on the pistons are NOT an indication of improper machine work as the internet experts that have never built an engine would like you to believe. Google for example OVERHEATED PISTON

Notice the similarity.

Moving forward, there are many things that can cause this (overheating being just 1 of hundreds) , this engine may still be under warranty, (obviously overheating would NOT be covered) if it is we can pick it up and inspect it, but we certainly cannot tell what happened without having the parts in our hands - Sony wont send you a new TV simply because you call them and tell them the one you purchased 1 year earlier is bad. Once the engine comes in we can diagnose and document it and go from there. There havent been any facts (ie he claims we built it wrong yet has provided ZERO measurements or facts to back up his claims - pictures are great but a picture of a airplane that has crashed into the ground doesnt explain why it crashed and we will leave this thread at that. If the OP would like to contact me (company owner) directly my email is [email protected] and I am happy to help you - even though you have come on here and bashed us.

My lawyers are in contact with Mark Luton so there's no need to be in contact with you
Lol and there's only 1800 miles on this block I have proof

Mach828

Established Member
Probably the worst attempt at a bashing thread I've seen. If you are going to war, at least enter the fight with the right weapons and a battle plan.

I don't think I read a single coherent sentence....

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
My lawyers are in contact with Mark Luton so there's no need to be in contact with you
Lol and there's only 1800 miles on this block I have proof

Interesting, well, this is Mark Luton and I or the MMR lawyer has been contacted by no one. If your engine is within its warranty period and you have paid for an extended warranty we are happy to pick up your engine for inspection per our warranty policy for no charge - this does not mean it is covered under warranty - after all, you cannot drive your car into a river and expect Ford to cover it sight unseen, there is a procedure and this is it and its that simple - your failure to allow us to pick your engine up for this inspection or to contact us and ask for a pick-up is unfortunately the only legal remedy we offer. I will give you one final opportunity to contact us and follow the correct procedure for a warranty return. You can do this via email @ [email protected] or via phone. If the engine had a problem that is not covered under warranty we are still happy to work with you, but again, before anything else happens the engine must be returned, you also need to stop bashing and pointing fingers, you have no facts, measurments or proof in any way that MMR is to blame, - it is not professional and is getting you nowhere - especially with the 1 person who can hep you - me. I will send you a PM now on the proper procedure (which can also be found on our website) so that we can move forward, find out what happened, and most importantly get you back on the road.

eaton04mach1

Established Member
Interesting, well, this is Mark Luton and I or the MMR lawyer has been contacted by no one. If your engine is within its warranty period and you have paid for an extended warranty we are happy to pick up your engine for inspection per our warranty policy for no charge - this does not mean it is covered under warranty - after all, you cannot drive your car into a river and expect Ford to cover it sight unseen, there is a procedure and this is it and its that simple - your failure to allow us to pick your engine up for this inspection or to contact us and ask for a pick-up is unfortunately the only legal remedy we offer. I will give you one final opportunity to contact us and follow the correct procedure for a warranty return. You can do this via email @ [email protected] or via phone. If the engine had a problem that is not covered under warranty we are still happy to work with you, but again, before anything else happens the engine must be returned, you also need to stop bashing and pointing fingers, you have no facts, measurments or proof in any way that MMR is to blame, - it is not professional and is getting you nowhere - especially with the 1 person who can hep you - me. I will send you a PM now on the proper procedure (which can also be found on our website) so that we can move forward, find out what happened, and most importantly get you back on the road.

Lol funny

B0B

Established Member
OP, I would strongly consider not posting on this thread again until you talk to MMR and get this figured out. After all, its your money, so we don't care that much. Sounds to me like MMR is stepping up to the plate here, I suggest you do the same. I also suggest you call them instead of email because your grammer is pretty bad. Good luck getting this resolved

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Marty, we were able to find your invoice (by matching it with the one you pictured), this engine was ordered on 9/30/2011, there are notes in the system saying your mechanic called and dis-assembled your engine and changed it from the original MMR specs, this call was made to us 1/9/ 2013 (per our digital phone records). There is clearly more to this than what you are telling people and us. If you want any chance of our help or the SVT community's help you need to come clean and stop hurting the only people that are willing to help you - even if it is your fault, has been taken apart and out of warranty. We will not reply to this thread again, we have given you our contact information and have told you we are happy to pick up your engine for inspection - we assume at this point you do not want to return because you know that it was taken apart.

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
Marty, we were able to find your invoice (by matching it with the one you pictured), this engine was ordered on 9/30/2011, there are notes in the system saying your mechanic called and dis-assembled your engine and changed it from the original MMR specs, this call was made to us 1/9/ 2013 (per our digital phone records). There is clearly more to this than what you are telling people and us. If you want any chance of our help or the SVT community's help you need to come clean and stop hurting the only people that are willing to help you - even if it is your fault, has been taken apart and out of warranty. We will not reply to this thread again, we have given you our contact information and have told you we are happy to pick up your engine for inspection - we assume at this point you do not want to return because you know that it was taken apart.

this is why I love technology! I'm sure MMR had better things to do than spend them time to research this, but they did and now the OP looks like a f'ckin lier! lol!!!!!

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
LOL, call out a vendor and flat out lie. If a MOD isn't asking some pointed questions, they should. Ban Hammer.

eaton04mach1

Established Member

This is josh I have no clue on where your getting that name from you spoke with me last week and you didn't want to help me at all you told me that it was my tuners fault that's when I said I'm getting my lawyers involved then you said go ahead then hung up

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Quoted to help the OP bury himelf :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread