Edelbrock Or Roush Blower?

Black FiVE.0

Established Member
Hey guys i am thinking about throwing a blower on the 5.0 only thing is i am kinda torn between the edelbrock supercharger and the roush. i know that roush blower does not affect your warranty at all if installed by a dealer but what i was wondering is there a way to get a extended warranty on it other than the 3/36. the edelbrock offers a 5/50 warranty up to about 20k worth the repairs from what i understand. so my whole problem on this is i really want a roush blower but might end up going with the edelbrock just cause the fact of the 5/50 warranty what one do you guys think is a better choice

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I ordered the Roush TVS on Friday, This was after 3 months of going back and forth between the Roush and Elelbrock set ups.
Both are great set ups.

grnenvy

Established Member
If you really want a warrenty then go with the kit that offers the best.
But u won't be happy it won't be fast enough trust me. You will wind up going with a real tune and then u paid for a warrenty u can't use.
Call VMP tuning great prices and tunes.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
I can't imagine a warrantied standard tune not providing enough power. Once you are anything past 450 rwhp your seat of the pants and track times are more increased by traction and suspension than by the benefit of another 20 rwhp from a tune. I would give that up any day for a warranty, that is just awesome that both manufacturers offer this. This is course is just my opinion :).

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
While the Edelbrock kit offers a 5/50 warranty, it is one ugly looking kit. Just my opinion.

I saw one and while it appears to be a very efficient kit and supposedly an easier install, you do not get that "Mad Max" / Terminator / blower under your hood look.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Edelbrock and roush are both tvs designs and capable of same power. Havnt seems the drive system on the Edelbrock, but the roush FEAD is incredible. Any chance of fewer shredded belts is good to me and worth a little grinding. Roush is much more involved with ford and copperheads internal workings. I don't think you'll go wrong with either. And yes, the stock roush tune (at least) feels a bit, flat, for lack of better words.

As far as warranties, make sure you read the fine print. You may be surprised at some clauses you find in there.

kevinp

Established Member
I can't imagine a warrantied standard tune not providing enough power. Once you are anything past 450 rwhp your seat of the pants and track times are more increased by traction and suspension than by the benefit of another 20 rwhp from a tune. I would give that up any day for a warranty, that is just awesome that both manufacturers offer this. This is course is just my opinion :).

You can imagine but I tried a copy of the Roush 'warranty' tune and it felt like I took the blower off. Maybe if I went from stock to the blower with the standard tune it would be different, the Roush and Edelbrock tunes are ultra-conservative and quite a bit more than 20hp short. But if you are concerned about warranty not much of a choice I guess, I'd rather have the Roush or Edelbrock with the warranty tune than no blower at all ;)

Last edited:

Black FiVE.0

Established Member
If you really want a warrenty then go with the kit that offers the best.
But u won't be happy it won't be fast enough trust me. You will wind up going with a real tune and then u paid for a warrenty u can't use.
Call VMP tuning great prices and tunes.

Ya i know that there will never be enough power but i think if the roush/edelbrock tune will get me some where in the mid 11's ill be happy with it and live with out a after market tune.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
how is the blower whine in the Roush with an open filter? Ive noticed they are all extremely quiet. Thats the best part lol. Aside from track and dyno numbers, that does matter to me too as its....pretty awesome :D . Wouldnt keep me from buying it ofcourse, but the whine in my coworkers 03 Cobra is just magical hahaha.

JerryC

Established Member
The thing that steered me away form the Edelbrock blower is, you cant change the size of the throttle body or blower pulley

I think Brenspeed said that they have different pulleys for the E-Force. Just looked, the have an upgrade kit that has a pulley in it.

JerryC

Established Member
Ya i know that there will never be enough power but i think if the roush/edelbrock tune will get me some where in the mid 11's ill be happy with it and live with out a after market tune.

I wish I had that type of resolve. When I looked into this, I had to be homest with myself, mid 11's for 7 grand wasnt worth it. Knowing that guys with the same kit for the same money were doing high 10's would just eat at me.

The E-Force warranty is pretty strict, I'd want a clarification if Drag Radials are compliant:
COVERED COMPONENTS BEING TAMPERED WITH OR ALTERED FROM FACTORY SPECIFICATIONS (OEM OR EDELBROCK) INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE REMOVAL OF THE SUPERCHARGER DRIVE PULLEY, FOR ANY REASON, AS EVIDENCED BY THE TAMPER PROOF LABEL.

DAMAGE OR ABUSE RELATED TO OVERLOADING, PCM RECALIBRATION, MISUSE, NEGLIGENCE, ROAD CONDITIONS, OVERSIZED TIRES, AND OTHER NON-EDELBROCK APPROVED MODIFICATIONS. EDELBROCK APPROVED MODIFACTIONS ARE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING: EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS BEYOND THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER (REFERRED TO AS CAT-BACK OR POST CAT); WHEEL AND TIRE MODIFICATIONS THAT ARE WITHIN FIFTEEN PERCENT (15%) OF OEM OR FACTORY EQUIPPED SIZE (MODIFIED TIRES ARE ONLY ALLOWABLE IF THEY ARE ONE HUNDRED PERCENT (100%) STREET COMPOUND).

PARTICIPATING IN OR PREPARATION OF THE VEHICLE FOR RACING (ON A TRACK OR OTHERWISE), FIRES, FLOOD, RIOTS, ACTS OF WAR OR TERRORISM, THEFT, VANDALISM, NATURAL DISASTERS, PHYSICAL DAMAGE, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE AND ACTS OF GOD ARE NOT COVERED.

The top warranty at a cost $995 covers $15K for engine $2.5K for thet trans and $1.5K for the rear.

The Roush warranty is pretty close to the E-Force in terms of exclusions, coverage is limited at $10.5K , 7500 for engine, 1500 each for trans and rear.

The Roush warranty doesnt cover as much in dollars, but it doesnt cost anything either. IMHO, they both know what they are doing, you play by their rules you wont break anything. Meaning that I wouldnt pay for the warranty, I'd get the Roush.

IMHO, give Justin at VMP a call.

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

Actually 450rwhp is weak on the street. U will get smoked by any supercar u pull up to. As for traction it's no so bad if your rolling around on 12in rims and 315 Toyo R888s. I live in Tampa and there are a ton of high Dollar cars that I don't like losing to.

Ditty

Established Member
I wish I had that type of resolve. When I looked into this, I had to be homest with myself, mid 11's for 7 grand wasnt worth it. Knowing that guys with the same kit for the same money were doing high 10's would just eat at me.
The E-Force warranty is pretty strict, I'd want a clarification if Drag Radials are compliant:
COVERED COMPONENTS BEING TAMPERED WITH OR ALTERED FROM FACTORY SPECIFICATIONS (OEM OR EDELBROCK) INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE REMOVAL OF THE SUPERCHARGER DRIVE PULLEY, FOR ANY REASON, AS EVIDENCED BY THE TAMPER PROOF LABEL.

DAMAGE OR ABUSE RELATED TO OVERLOADING, PCM RECALIBRATION, MISUSE, NEGLIGENCE, ROAD CONDITIONS, OVERSIZED TIRES, AND OTHER NON-EDELBROCK APPROVED MODIFICATIONS. EDELBROCK APPROVED MODIFACTIONS ARE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING: EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS BEYOND THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER (REFERRED TO AS CAT-BACK OR POST CAT); WHEEL AND TIRE MODIFICATIONS THAT ARE WITHIN FIFTEEN PERCENT (15%) OF OEM OR FACTORY EQUIPPED SIZE (MODIFIED TIRES ARE ONLY ALLOWABLE IF THEY ARE ONE HUNDRED PERCENT (100%) STREET COMPOUND).

PARTICIPATING IN OR PREPARATION OF THE VEHICLE FOR RACING (ON A TRACK OR OTHERWISE), FIRES, FLOOD, RIOTS, ACTS OF WAR OR TERRORISM, THEFT, VANDALISM, NATURAL DISASTERS, PHYSICAL DAMAGE, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE AND ACTS OF GOD ARE NOT COVERED.

The top warranty at a cost $995 covers $15K for engine $2.5K for thet trans and $1.5K for the rear.

The Roush warranty is pretty close to the E-Force in terms of exclusions, coverage is limited at $10.5K , 7500 for engine, 1500 each for trans and rear.

The Roush warranty doesnt cover as much in dollars, but it doesnt cost anything either. IMHO, they both know what they are doing, you play by their rules you wont break anything. Meaning that I wouldnt pay for the warranty, I'd get the Roush.

IMHO, give Justin at VMP a call.

TRUTH!! $7k for approximately 1.4 seconds faster isn't in the cards for me. For $7K I could stay N/A and be in the same ball park or even faster.
This is a VERY strict warranty.

"Including but not limited to" meaning, "We reserve the right to deny coverage for any reason if we feel like it." NO THANKS. (One of my previous insurance companies had this type of wordage in my policy, and declined coverage when my car was broken into.)
"ROAD CONDITIONS"??? So if I'm not driving on perfect roads, or if I happen to drive it durring the winter when there is snow on the ground, they can void the warranty??? NO THANKS.
"MODIFIED TIRES ARE ONLY ALLOWABLE IF THEY ARE ONE HUNDRED PERCENT (100%) STREET COMPOUND" That says to me, "You can NOT install any sort of performance tire, PERIOD. This too sounds like anything better than the STOCK Pirelli's would be questioned.

I know that w/ the Mustang community, SuperCharging is the norm and a quick, easy way to gain a good 100-150+ WHP, but for the $, staying N/A sounds better to me. $7 buys a LOT of WHP staying N/A, and have it almost on tap, w/out the risk of over-boosting, and less chance of running lean.

Users who are viewing this thread