ECU Swap

Cobreezy

Established Member
Will an ECU swap from an 03 Cobra to another 03 Cobra work? :shrug: The ECU from my black 03 is married to a SCT tuner and it was tuned for the KB blower that was also on my black 03. I plan on swapping my stock blower with the KB blower so that I won't have to get another tune.

Cobreezy

Established Member
Cuz the ECU from the black 03 doesn't have power to it. Would it be possible to put the ECU in my white 03 and then load the stock tune?

prostkr

Established Member
as far as swapping the only reason it might not work is the ecu is married to the cluster and the Pats deal in the key.

But if you return the black car to stock, then you can use the xcal on the white car.

black 10th vert

Established Member
as far as swapping the only reason it might not work is the ecu is married to the cluster and the Pats deal in the key.

But if you return the black car to stock, then you can use the xcal on the white car.

This is the only reason that I can think of - because of the PATS. I tried switching the cluster on mine before to test a spare that I had, and it would not allow the car to start, so I would think it would be the same if you swapped an ECU. I'm still not understanding why you wouldn't just load the stock tune from you SCT when you switch back to the Eaton.:??: Seems to me that it would be way less work then taking the ECU out and switching every time.:shrug:

Cobreezy

Established Member
Sorry guys, I should've mentioned that my black 03 was totaled and the motor has already been pulled out and no juice to the car. I'm just trying to see if I can swap the ECU's and not have any issues or swap it, download the stock tune and then use the tune on my white 03.

Users who are viewing this thread