ECS of NJ, what else can i say but brilliant!!

deadbeatrec

Established Member
so let me start with, i bought a 04 ZO6 on oct 6th. from there i knew i wanted a reliable weekend warrior with big power to the tire. coming from the import world the car was all new to me, but a lil on the slow side completly stock. dont get me wrong, the car is a blast but just not nuf power.

so i started my research. my first thoughts were to go big cubes with a loopy cam and have a stright out muscle car. well looking into that deeper the cost vs power just wasnt there and i knew in the long run i would want more.sooooo...... thats when i descovered ECS and there novi kit and A&A and there kit. doing some research i found that the novi kit was a lil bigger, made more power and could be upgraded easier. both kits looked flawless. then A&A made that rediculous deal, and ECS followed. so the choice was made.... ECS

dropped the car off friday and picked it up yesterday the 11th. Chris picked me up from amtrak. Firstly i want to personally thank him for doing what he could to make me feel welcome . the customer service was fantastic.

ok so what u have all been waiting for. first off the was is 100% stock except the ECS 600 kit.

the car made a healthy 583 whp and 516tq. when they told me that my eyes lite up! i was only expecting 600 crank not close to 600wheel!!!

the car is amazing to drive. idles like stock, the blower is quiet, drives stock. then u push the pedal and the power delivery is insane!!!!!!! the car wants to break loose every chance it gets. i still have yet to go WOT because in a lil scared. haha. that and my tires dont have all the tread they should and its cold out. the clutch is stock and is holding great (for now anyways).

so thats where im at now. i want to thank ECS, Chris and all the guys who worked on/tuned my car. im sure i will be seeing u guys again in the springtime.

GTO30272

Established Member
Should have went to Cartek...sorry just had to :lol:
Glad you're happy with the car :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, those are some nice numbers. Coupled with the light weight of your Z06 you have one powerful beast there. Congrats! Enjoy!

slowtealz28

Established Member
Nice job... Race Proven Motorsports just did a guy rick's C5 Z with the A&A kit along with a custom blower cam. The car made 630 to the wheels on 8.5lbs of boost. Both kits can produce some big #'s. Have fun with it.

Dave

deadbeatrec

Established Member
Nice job... Race Proven Motorsports just did a guy rick's C5 Z with the A&A kit along with a custom blower cam. The car made 630 to the wheels on 8.5lbs of boost. Both kits can produce some big #'s. Have fun with it.

Dave

yea i thought about the A&A kit but the novi 2000 is bigger than the unit they use so i went this route. im thinking cam and headers will put me well into the 6xx's but will not do it because right now im on a stock block. thats not the smartest.

next is tires, clutch, tranny/diff brace. then after that i will forge the lower end. im thinking i want to keep it a 346.

GTO30272

Established Member
never herd of cartek

:lol::nonono:
Wow, you must be EXTREMELY new to the LSX community. Cartek is typically what is written on the cars that are in front of the ECS cars at the track, lol...Just ask Doug and Chris...Of course, this is all in good fun, but Cartek has held just about every Corvette LSX record there is at some point in time, including the current quickest Supercharged C5. Like I said, not bashing ECS, just having fun :beer:

Last edited:

GTO30272

Established Member
btw, Cartek is located at 110 South Ave in Garwood, NJ....if you ever decide you want to go fast, take a ride over there :lol:

slowtealz28

Established Member
ECS will likely be breaking the stock cube FI record very soon, 4D RUSH went 9.50@148mph spinning a 1.4x 60ft locked at 65% throttle. Eights are around the corner on a well prepped track.

Common

Established Member
Cartek>ECS.

I did not like their old shop at all. That shit looked like a dingy garage uncle Jim Bob built his vettes in.

slowtealz28

Established Member
I would personally go to cartek for an all motor setup, or ECS for a blower setup. But after dealing with Race Proven Motorsports, I would go to them first hands down. They have gotten a couple hacked cars from cartek.

Common

Established Member
I would personally go to cartek for an all motor setup, or ECS for a blower setup. But after dealing with Race Proven Motorsports, I would go to them first hands down. They have gotten a couple hacked cars from cartek.

Not really sure about the "new" Cartek, but the old shop used to look little sketchy and I definitely wouldn't trust them with a big build for some reason.

Don't really know what exactly but something made me feel uneasy about them.

jleews6

Established Member
I know Cartek is one of the best late model GM shops out there but What does Cartek have to do with this guy's post?:shrug:

deadbeatrecCongrats, You got a 10 second car with some good tires.:beer:

QUIKSILVERZ

Established Member
great numbers. i am going with the ecs sc600 and arh 1 7/8" long tubes on my 02Z. pics and vids please :)

you could install ecs blower cam/long tubes and you would be well into the 600s.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hey, we're still waiting for pics and/or a video! You're keeping us in suspense. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread