Ecoboost cam phaser rattle experts, step inside...

ArabianOak

Established Member
what is shampoo for the engine? I didn't realize head and shoulders worked on engine heads too...lol

also, in typical criminal dealer service dept fashion, they nailed me on a 100 dollar deductible claiming my ecu port was not functioning properly. this item is covered under my extended warranty but has a deductible. i just laughed at them and paid it. guarantee you the guy working on the car broke it. we have never touched it.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
what is shampoo for the engine? I didn't realize head and shoulders worked on engine heads too...lol

also, in typical criminal dealer service dept fashion, they nailed me on a 100 dollar deductible claiming my ecu port was not functioning properly. this item is covered under my extended warranty but has a deductible. i just laughed at them and paid it. guarantee you the guy working on the car broke it. we have never touched it.

I'm thinking the shampoo is more of an oil flush treatment because while they are replacing the affected components you still want to flush the engine and get as much carbon and sludge out as possible to ensure there is nothing in there that could contribute to the issue again. We just call it the BG Oil Flush but "engine shampoo" sounds much fancier lol.

floodstang

Established Member
The engine shampoo is a cleaner for the sealing surface between the timing cover and the block. It removes all of the oil residue and helps the seal between the two parts. The sealing surface has to be absolutely clean. The timing cover is sealed with silicone. Also, someone mentioned the valve covers breaking. I’ve done TONS of phasers and never had a valve cover break. I’m not saying they don’t break, but I have never had that happen.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The engine shampoo is a cleaner for the sealing surface between the timing cover and the block. It removes all of the oil residue and helps the seal between the two parts. The sealing surface has to be absolutely clean. The timing cover is sealed with silicone. Also, someone mentioned the valve covers breaking. I’ve done TONS of phasers and never had a valve cover break. I’m not saying they don’t break, but I have never had that happen.
Damn driver side valve covers crack without being removed.

If the phasers in my out of warranty jalopy break I’ll drop in a new long block before I pay to have phasers done

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

We had two back to back happen but none other than those since I have been on. It happened enough that it convinced me it is something I need to consider when giving a price.

Users who are viewing this thread