eclipse v. SVT convertible mustang

i need slicks

Established Member
It was a newer mustang, silver convertible with a saleen rear bumper, svt badges and one loud ass super charger, 03 or 04. Didn't look like stock exhuast either so take that as you will. my car, mods in profile, pump gas, half empty nitrous bottle.

now to the story, i was out looking for some runs saturday night. it was a nice cool night, just got the car inspected so i wanted to have some fun. We did the usual roads and almost immediatly found myself next to a z28. We tried to get the guy to run from a roll but he just BRUSHED HIS SHOULDER OFF. my friend was like this car will give you a good run but he wasnt listening. he was like go read a book, that car is nothing compared to this one. i pulled ahead a little and slowed down so we could tell him to put his money where his mouth is but he closed his window. cocky v8's. :rollseyes

So we went to another place, nothing fun so we go to head home. We come behind a mustang, recognized it from earlier in the night but he was going the other way. so i drop it into 4th and get next to him to see if he wants to run. As soon as i get next to him he takes off and 4th gear wasnt cutting it so i hit 3rd and had to play catch up. OK mustang 1, me 0.

So I catch up again, this time in 3rd with the nitrous armed. he hits it and the supercharger whining, i hit it and the o2 dump opens and nobody pulls all through 3rd. i hit 4th quicker than i ever have in my life and he pulls 1/2 car. then we both shut down around 120 i guess. needless to say i was happy as shit about the performance of my car. i dont get to many races so i gotta share when one is worth sharing.

anybody on here? We raced on rt one through langhorne then he went north on 95 towards newtown/yardley.

http://dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118732

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Nice runs :beer: Read the thread on your board..still amazes me, here we r 2 years later, and ppl still dismiss the 03 Cobra as 'just another Mustang.'

Last edited:

i need slicks

Established Member
Was the saleen rear bumper aftermarket or something? Or a different model or anything? just wondering..

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by Xplicit
Nice runs :beer: Read the thread on your board..still amazes me, here we r 2 years later, and ppl still dismiss the 03 Cobra as 'just another Mustang.'

You mean your's goes as fast as it looks?? :lol: Yeah "just another Mustang" is the best!

:-D

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by i need slicks
Was the saleen rear bumper aftermarket or something? Or a different model or anything? just wondering..
It might have been a real Saleen..u can definitely buy Saleen parts. Some 03 Cobra owners have debated on using Saleen side scoops. If it had a SC whine then u can pretty much bet it was a real Saleen tho.

Last edited:

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Originally posted by nj7703
You mean your's goes as fast as it looks?? :lol: Yeah "just another Mustang" is the best!

:-D
Your's isn't that far behind mine..all it takes is u whoring yourself to college girls ;-)

i need slicks

Established Member
Originally posted by Xplicit
It might have been a real Saleen..u can definitely buy Saleen parts. Some 03 Cobra owners have debated on using Saleen side scoops. If it had a SC whine then u can pretty much bet it was a real Saleen tho.

Would they be faster? ;-) Thanks guys for the props though. :rockon:

vipergts281

Established Member
I know of a guy who lives in that area (Newtown to be exact) that owns a 03 Saleen Cobra. It's a silver vert. Did you happen to get a look at his hood? He has a stock 03 Cobra hood but has the Saleen fender badges right next to the vents on the hood.

He also owns a 02 Saleen SC 281.

vipergts281

Established Member
Would they be faster? ;-) Thanks guys for the props though. :rockon:
Depends on what type of Saleen it is.

If it is a SC 281 or a S281, a 03/04 Cobra is faster......wayyyyy faster than the S281.

i need slicks

Established Member
Originally posted by vipergts281
I know of a guy who lives in that area (Newtown to be exact) that owns a 03 Saleen Cobra. It's a silver vert. Did you happen to get a look at his hood? He has a stock 03 Cobra hood but has the Saleen fender badges right next to the vents on the hood.

He also owns a 02 Saleen SC 281.

That had to be him. he got off rt one and went north on 95 towards newtown. get him to post, i'd like to know what he thought. i do remember vents in the hood but it was dark ~2am so i didnt see any badges.

vipergts281

Established Member
Yeah, he lives right in that area. I can't get him to post because I don't have his number.

But I do know his dyno numbers......476 rwhp. I forget the trq.

i need slicks

Established Member
it was with the nitrous, stock injectors running out of fuel in upper gears. i did 244hp/254 tq in february pump gas, stock IC and no nitrous. i'm def. over 300 with the nitrous right now.

vipergts281

Established Member
shit theres no way i hung with a 476hp beast. how much do they weigh?
I don't know the exact weight of it. I'd guess a little heavier than a stock 03 Cobra because of the body kit. So probably around 3,700-3,800 lbs. I could be wrong though.

And it was probably a SC 281. They put down about 295-320 rwhp. They vary alot.

Regular S281 is probably around the 250 rwhp mark.

vipergts281

Established Member
it was with the nitrous, stock injectors running out of fuel in upper gears. i did 244hp/254 tq in february pump gas, stock IC and no nitrous. i'm def. over 300 with the nitrous right now.
Yeah, I doubt it was a Saleen Cobra. I know you are lighter, but you would have to be extremely lighter for you to basically stay beside him.

i need slicks

Established Member
Well the rear bumper said saleen, badges said svt and supercharger said cobra, thats why i figured i'd come here to see what i raced. maybe he stayed in 4th :(

i need slicks

Established Member
i live in morrisville. Near the steel mill/ s penna ave. right before rt one crossed into jerz.

vipergts281

Established Member
Well the rear bumper said saleen, badges said svt and supercharger said cobra, thats why i figured i'd come here to see what i raced. maybe he stayed in 4th :(
Well not too sound like a dick, but I would find it hard to believe you hung with a 476 rwhp Cobra. But who knows what it was exactly. The owner could of added those badges and it wasn't really a Cobra. Maybe you and I can race and you can hit the nitrous and see what happens. :D I only have 422 at the wheels, for now.

A good friend of mine lives in Morrisville. Right by the high school. She has a 04 Mystic Cobra. I am in the area every once in awhile visiting.

Users who are viewing this thread