eboost 2 mounting

s351

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm just curious how hard it is to get the eboost 2, to fit into the speed and sound dual gauge pod. By heat or trimming the plastic?? Or is it just easier to cut a hole in the dash like I've scene when I did a search.

I'm thinking about the dual pod since I need somewhere to mount my wideband aswell or is there enough space on the stock dash to mount both?? Thanks for any help

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Maybe consider cutting out the coin holder and mount on the center console?

eboost.jpg

s351

Established Member
Its the 60 and I believe it is the 2 and 5/8's one it measures just over 2.5 inches its suppose to be 2 and a 1/16 and that would solve my issue but no such luck. I'm wondering if there's enough room for the eboost and wideband where the headlight switch is???

Eatonualive281

Established Member
if you have the smaller one, then you can fit it in the autometer bezel pod that russ has with some cutting. the larger one will not fit. I have the larger one, and i wrapped some fabric and electrical tape around the body until it slid snugly into the smaller cupholder in the center console. I just drilled a tiny hole for the wires and vac hose.

itSSlow98

Established Member
What about getting one of those mounting cups and putting it in the glove box? Thats where I put my eboost street but thats not a round gauge.

s351

Established Member
I'm thinking about running it next to the head light switch, and then getting that column cover and putting the wide band there! I was trying to avoid painting, but I think that's the best route for now.

Which color paint to match the interior, is there anything close or does it have to be ordered through ford?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Took a little work with a dremel and had to barely trim the inner structure of the dash but I got the Eboost2 to fit in an instrument cluster bezel.

2011-10-14_16-08-50_29.jpg

s351

Established Member
Hey sorry guys super busy at work, its the smaller 60mm one. How much did u trim off that dash piece to get it to fit??

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
How much did u trim off that dash piece to get it to fit??

It wasn't trimming off the bezel so much as slowly enlarging the hole with a carbide bit and a sanding disk on a dremel - take some material out, test fit, take some material out, test fit, etc.. It was quite a bit, though. The plastic actually feels pretty paper thin in some areas, but it still retains more than enough strength to use all of the buttons on the controller. I've had it mounted in the car like that for over a year without issue.

Last edited:

s351

Established Member
I like the idea of that, I might have to try that, and if I scap the piece it's going next to the headlight switch

Users who are viewing this thread