Ebay find of the day: 2000 Cobra R still wrapped up

SNCBOOM

Established Member
He posts on here. I think he has an 03 cobra too.

RedFord96

Established Member
Saw this in the Cobras for sale section on this site a week ago. It's amazing it was just left to sit in all that plastic...

Bowhuntr11

I am a semi-n00b now..
Established Member
What do you think the guy would do, if you went there and bought it....

Then peeled out of his driveway and wrecked it into a mailbox.

If I had the money, I wish I could do this and tape his reaction. :kaboom:

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
Biggest waste of a car. Its a Cobra not a Ferrari 250 GTO. Drive the damn thing and enjoy it the way Ford engineers intended it to be.

oldmodman

Established Member
Some people just like to collect stuff.

Some people like to have fun with what they collect and don't care if after ten years it's not worth as much.

Some people have so much money they bought two and keep one as a back up.

I wish I was some people:shrug:

RedFord96

Established Member
Biggest waste of a car. Its a Cobra not a Ferrari 250 GTO. Drive the damn thing and enjoy it the way Ford engineers intended it to be.

You can't just lump the Cobra R into the "any old Cobra" category though, Cobra Rs are significantly more rare... pretty sure there were only 300 made. Though I do agree that having it sit in a garage, not being driven for years is completely contradictory to what it was built for.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That was up for sale on eBay Motors in December (ended Dec. 30) and the bidding went up to $62,800. but didn't meet the Reserve. Now there is no Reserve but the Buy-It-Now price is $70,000. He'd might be better off taking the car to an auction house like Mecum or Barrett Jackson as it's one Mustang that only purists and collectors would truly appreciate. A rare gem. IMO.

If I had the money and had to choose between a new Corvette Z06 or this 2000 Cobra R for weekend fun (not strictly as a collectible) I'd choose this Cobra R in a heartbeat. It might not be a suitable daily driver or be as quick as a Z06, but the adrenalin rush you'd get driving it around town would be worth the price of admission. :)

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
If it's still wrapped up... just keep it wrapped. Too many Cobra R's have met their fate at the racetrack. Plus it would be cool, like going back in time if it was still in mint condition 30 years from now. I'd put it in a museum. Sure it's made to race, but I'd like to see one in mint condition when I'm old, or right now even.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh, and by "weekend fun" I didn't mean at the racetrack. I meant cruising around town like I used to do with my '03 Cobra. I've always loved the 2000 Cobra R.

firebird1999us

Established Member
Some people just like to collect stuff.

Some people like to have fun with what they collect and don't care if after ten years it's not worth as much.

Some people have so much money they bought two and keep one as a back up.

I wish I was some people:shrug:

Perhaps the reason for sale is that he just found out you actually can't take it with you when you die:shrug:

SVT4ME

Established Member
That would be a great car to own but not in Vegas. No AC is a deal breaker for me. But if I were rich enough I'd only drive it during the cooler months of fall.

Keith Stone

Banned
Perhaps Im not as familiar with the business of buying and selling cars as most people......but the car was bought for $55K (as stated on window sticker) and simply because the car has sat in a garage for 10 years means that it is now worth another $15K over what it was sold for? Seems ridiculous to me.

Users who are viewing this thread