Ebay auction, is it a 95 or 96 Cobra

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Funny.... I just noticed he lists his phone number in the auction description. Heh...

Free nights and weekends anyone? :lol1:

Blown95Cobra

Wheres my torque?
Established Member
i bet this guy didnt think SVTP would get ahold of his auction and analyze his car :lol: you know maybe he got ripped off when he bought the car. but either way its not a 95 Cobra maybe a GT. thats weird, it has the 96-98 Cobra gauge cluster, the brake light in the trunk, DOHC 4.6 and all the other stuff. maybe it had an interior swap and thats why it comes up as a 95 on the vin. did they make all black interior GT's?

derfahrer_96

Buh Bye
it's probably a 1997. The rear bumper says cobra, the 95's had the mustang lettering in the rear. Also the SVT rear badging is in the rear too, which i believe most of the 95's didn't have. The hood has the "nostrils" like any cobra 96-98, 95's didn't have the "nostrils" but the regular hood that all early mustangs had. Obivously it has a 4.6 and the strut tower brace. Anyone notice the plastic side molding running from right above the fake rear brake duct to the cobra emblem on the front quater panel? And finally the clock on the dash. I'm on it's a 1997.

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
derfahrer_96 said:
I'm on it's a 1997.

Sorry, you need to form your answer in the form of a question! :-D

Seriously, it has plastic from a 96-98 Cobra along with the engine from a 96-98 Cobra. That's as close as it will come to being a Cobra. It was born a GT and it will die as a GT....period! :poke: The carfax report confirms it's a 95 year model.

Last edited:

94SVTCobra

Established Member
Also the SVT rear badging is in the rear too, which i believe most of the 95's didn't have.

It was the early '94's that didnt have the badging, all '95's did.

isn't the upper door panel on the 94-95 cobras leather covered, unlike the plain plastic on 96+ cars......?

Nope, 94/95's have the plastic too.

did they make all black interior GT's?

Yeah, they made triple black Gt converts. Black top, interior and exterior, I got a buddy with one its a really nice car. :pepper:
Why does carfax show a Cobra/Gt? Shouldnt it just be a Gt?

Last edited:

Blown95Cobra

Wheres my torque?
Established Member
i've never seen a black interior GT before thats why i asked. i carfaxed both of my stangs and they both came up GT/Cobra, i guess its because they are so alike.

derfahrer_96

Buh Bye
I'm sorry ALEX, is it a 1997 mustang cobra?
raven69david said:
Sorry, you need to form your answer in the form of a question! :-D

Seriously, it has plastic from a 96-98 Cobra along with the engine from a 96-98 Cobra. That's as close as it will come to being a Cobra. It was born a GT and it will die as a GT....period! :poke: The carfax report confirms it's a 95 year model.

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
derfahrer_96 said:
I'm sorry ALEX, is it a 1997 mustang cobra?

[alex trebec] oh sorry derfahrer_96, the correct answer would be "Is it a confused GT trying to be a Cobra? " [\alex trebec] :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread