Eaton whistle

RamboCobra

GET SOME!
Established Member
Iv herd a lot of eatons that whistle at idol and was woundering what would make it do that besides a cog set up and i know with a cog its more of a whine. is there a belt or the way its ported or the pully?? any input would great thanks.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I remember when I bought mine it came with an Accufab 105mm throttle body and Billetflow plenum, and "whistled" at idle and light neutral revs. Replaced both those with stock tb/plenum and it stopped whistling. Couldve been vacuum leak at one of those seals though.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Some say that a Goodyear gatorback whistles pretty good. I have a steig stage 4 port with a 2.93 upper and a gatorback belt and it whistles like crazy. I am kind of sad to get rid of it and trade for a 2.9L because of it. The sound turns more heads than the look and full bassani exhaust.

Alex

RamboCobra

GET SOME!
Established Member
I remember when I bought mine it came with an Accufab 105mm throttle body and Billetflow plenum, and "whistled" at idle and light neutral revs. Replaced both those with stock tb/plenum and it stopped whistling. Couldve been vacuum leak at one of those seals though.[/QUOT

maybe it was a leak:shrug: i have acffab ported throttle body and plenum and no noise

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Some say that a Goodyear gatorback whistles pretty good. I have a steig stage 4 port with a 2.93 upper and a gatorback belt and it whistles like crazy. I am kind of sad to get rid of it and trade for a 2.9L because of it. The sound turns more heads than the look and full bassani exhaust.

Alex

I agree, I had a gatorback belt :shrug: and it whistled a little. Kind of like a high pitched hum really.

RamboCobra

GET SOME!
Established Member

Alex

I love that i have full exhaust with magnapacks. Iv herd the gatorback does do that maybe i should give it a try i have 2.8 upper custom port with 3 piece idlers what size belt should i get?

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree, I had a gatorback belt :shrug: and it whistled a little. Kind of like a high pitched hum really.

I used to use a Gatorback as well, and the whistle at idle and lower RPMs was so nice that I rarely turned the radio on. I had an Accufab TB/plenum but it never whistled. My only whistle sound came from the Gatorback belt.

Rambo, for help with your belt question take a look at my belt selection guide. Here's the link. Belt Selection Guide

RamboCobra

GET SOME!
Established Member
Ok cool Its 74" thanks cobrabob thanks for the input guys:beer:. Any good places to get the gatorback from?

ModularFan

Established Member
Don't get a COG, they can rip the snout off your supercharger. it has something to do with the tightness of the belt on the pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread