Eaton Tvs

Fuerza

Established Member
hardcore35th said:
2 MORE WEEKS LOL!!!:rolling:

LOL

See post #145.....Also unless a supercharger CO. commits to building a TVS upgrade kit for the 03/04 Cobra I would expect anymore updates....:bored:

tt460

.: UNDER PRESSURE :.
Established Member
jmproductions said:
Not sure if I'm the only one here, but I'm not really all that impressed with this truck running 12s. There are plenty of reg cab trucks with 6.0Ls running 12s without forced induction on performancetrucks.net. I guess I'm saying if this truck really has 700+hp we should be seeing high to mid 11s but that's just IMO. I myself am hoping that this TVS is everything your stats say it is so I don't mean any disrespect to you or your friend.

The most impressive part of the truck is the off the line acceleration, not necessarily trap speeds or ET.

Did you bother to look at the specs of the truck? It weighs 5000 lbs (full interior, stock suspension, etc), has full time all wheel drive, never does a burnout. It is not a race truck and is a certifiable daily driver. Matt hauls lumber, his boat, etc with it. Yet it still 60 foots in 1.5 seconds. During these runs the truck also was handicapped by a stock MAF and throttlebody which were known restrictions to the setup (there was vacuum measured between the throttlebody and blower inlet).

The truck is currently apart right now and getting a new engine and blower setup. The original supercharger that was used in all of the videos of the truck was just a prototype unit adapted to a Magnuson kit. Hopefully Matt will have some engine dyno numbers in the next month or so with the new setup.

As for a terminator TVS housing, I don't have any knowledge of one. IMO, you guys should start pestering someone who makes/sells the aftermarket blowers for a bolt on replacement (i.e. Roush, Magnuson, etc).

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
tt460 said:
Did you bother to look at the specs of the truck?
Yes I know a lot about these trucks, I owned and modded one for 6 years.
tt460 said:
Yet it still 60 foots in 1.5 seconds.
A nice 60' no doubt this thing is making lots of torque but this is an all wheel drive vehicle, I'd like to see more speed in the traps. Again no disrespect meant here.

I guess just keep us posted on his results once he gets a proper setup with the TVS blower, I and a lot of us here, are very interested in what it can do.

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
I cant believe eaton hasnt even made an attempt to email us. We are customers, treat us right and we will buy! this is the wrong way to run a business, not emailing your consumers back in a timely manner.

tt460

Established Member
image said:
I cant believe eaton hasnt even made an attempt to email us. We are customers, treat us right and we will buy! this is the wrong way to run a business, not emailing your consumers back in a timely manner.

Guys,

If you are expecting Eaton to provide a bolt-on TVS housing for the Terminator, I think you are barking up the wrong tree. At this point, Eaton is only staffed to support the OEM level of business and their aftermarket customers (Magnuson/Roush/Harrop). They simply do not have the staff level required to support those VERY DEMANDING customers in addition to the amount of requests and after-sales support for individual buyers.

I said it in an earlier post: You need to be hounding the likes of Magnuson and Roush. They are the ones with the engineering resources to build an aftermarket housing for the Terminator and support it after the sale. At the very least I would think they could tell you if they have plans to build one.

tt460

Established Member
ViciousJay said:
someone buy one and fab it to fit the upper manifold

And the only place where you are going to buy one: Magnuson or Roush

Good idea though... I've compared the Terminator housing to the GT500 housing and while there are differences, they're not "that" dissimilar. A 3/8" aluminum plate could be used to bolt it onto the intake/intercooler, then all you have to do is figure out where to place the air-filter to fit since the GT500 inlet is on the driver's side. :shrug:

ViciousJay

Established Member
tt460 said:
And the only place where you are going to buy one: Magnuson or Roush

Good idea though... I've compared the Terminator housing to the GT500 housing and while there are differences, they're not "that" dissimilar. A 3/8" aluminum plate could be used to bolt it onto the intake/intercooler, then all you have to do is figure out where to place the air-filter to fit since the GT500 inlet is on the driver's side. :shrug:

swap the electrical stuff over to the other side and move the battery over there too and wa-la

tt460

Established Member
See, a TVS powered Terminator isn't that far off afterall... Someone call up Roush and see what they're willing to sell their R2300 head unit for.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I wasn't all that impressed with the 1/4 time either and even the 60, while impressive, where not mind blowing. It's an all wheel drive truck, if it's not hooking up there's something really wrong.
Off topic, but there was a lifted, Ford Diesel Supercab at Atco the other night running 12.30's. That was with 35" Off road tires.

Users who are viewing this thread