Eaton tvs 2650!!!

V8Flexin

Established Member
Ill take Eaton or Whipple thanks, Mopar boys can have IHI or whoever
IHI actually uses the twin screw design vs the roots design all the other OEM's are using. I prefer the twin screw design for the added high pitch whine and performance. But I would rather have a top mounted supercharger over the reverse mounted units for ease of swapping to a larger blower. There's limited room in the valley for a supercharger unit.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Ill take Eaton or Whipple thanks, Mopar boys can have IHI or whoever
I agree, sadly as a Hellcat owner I've been reading many s/c failure threads. I much prefer the OEM reliability of Eaton.
I still say they missed the boat on the 3+ liter TVS market. If you built it, we would've all came.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
IHI actually uses the twin screw design vs the roots design all the other OEM's are using. I prefer the twin screw design for the added high pitch whine and performance. But I would rather have a top mounted supercharger over the reverse mounted units for ease of swapping to a larger blower. There's limited room in the valley for a supercharger unit.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Yes, this stock twin screw for only being pulled for 10-11# is a whiny b!tch.
Much different than my max pullied TVS, but I still like the TVS street torque.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like one of Edelbrock replies said blowers ready late May.
I'm expecting SEMA / PRI fall unveiling for VMP?
-J

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Is Edelbrock making any blowers for our cars, or is VMP going to be the only game in town for the TVS2650 on the GT500?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
As far as I know VMP will be sole source. Don't forget these cars have been 3 years out of production, so it's a limited market. Eaton is making the rotors. Edelbrock has its own foundry to make blower cases. They even show the 2650 on their webpage as pending. VMP sources out it's case and the plan to bring us a bigger blower is proceeding as planned is what I'm hearing. It going to happen, just be patient.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree, sadly as a Hellcat owner I've been reading many s/c failure threads.
They're not really "failing" per say. The bearings are the culprit, which in my opinion, could eventually lead to failure.
Do you listen to your supercharger every now and then to see if you have one that needs to be replaced?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The big question is this the new supercharger for the next GT500?!

25% airflow at 14#/18k should be even more at 20k rotor speed!

As far as the Hellcat s/c noise, I haven't noticed anything abnormal and it's my DD under warranty so I'm not stressing it, will just drive it as intended and enjoy. Car really is that impressive.
-J

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The big question is this the new supercharger for the next GT500?!
25% airflow at 14#/18k should be even more at 20k rotor speed!
As far as the Hellcat s/c noise, I haven't noticed anything abnormal and it's my DD under warranty so I'm not stressing it, will just drive it as intended and enjoy. Car really is that impressive.
-J
I heard "rumors" that this is the new supercharger for the new GT500. Again,..."rumors".
That would be great though!

Yeah,.....I love me some Hellcats. Both Challengers and Chargers. I wish I could own one of each! lol
Enjoy man.

1st usa car

Established Member
It must be this or turbo. No other way it is going to compete in the HP war w/o a better power adder. I just dont see the gt500 competing w/ the 1/4 mile time w/o an automatic.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Wasn't there rumors floating around abut a dual clutch automatic GT350? Maybe that'll make it into the 500..?? One can dream...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
With as impressive as the 10 spd '10R' effort is in the Camaro ZL1 and Raptor, I'd have money on 10R auto and Tremec 6/7 spd manual.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread