Eaton TOP HP #'s

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
What is the top (HP/TQ) Eaton car?

Stock motor... (no cam's, heads not been off etc etc???)

also need to be dyno proven, not just hearsay where a guy said he made 570 but can't prove it with a dyno sheet or what have you.

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Tomballguy is up there somewhere. I wanna say he had around 550/570 or something. You including the Snakebite blowers as well?

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
Tomballguy is up there somewhere. I wanna say he had around 550/570 or something. You including the Snakebite blowers as well?

as long as it noted that it was a snake bite, but its not a equal measure between the standard Steig, POSI vs. Snakebite. The snake bite can be turned so much tighter than the others.

But I did say eaton, so lets see them!!!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
What is the top (HP/TQ) Eaton car?

Stock motor... (no cam's, heads not been off etc etc???)

also need to be dyno proven, not just hearsay where a guy said he made 570 but can't prove it with a dyno sheet or what have you.
Very difficult to come to an accurate conclusion due to varying dynos. Makes it simpler to use a Dynojet with SAE numbers for purposes of comparison.

CobraStruck hit 555/577 SAE on ProDyno's Dynojet with his V+ setup. Backed it up with a record (6 speed Jake!) Eaton MPH of 132.93. Broke7 hit 544/529 on a Dynojet way back when with his Stage III. He was one of the first guys to break 10's with a non-nitrous Eaton, and was at full weight when he did it.

Nanastymach1 has argueably the highest Posi port with the 537/555 SAE that was achieved on Fastlane's dyno. TomballGuy05 hit 540/572 SAE on an Autodyne.....who knows what those numbers would equate to on a Dynojet.

Have yet to hear of any extraordinary Snakebite numbers......:shrug:

Last edited:

IronTerp

so far 555-577 seems to be the top.

THAT's CRAZYNESS!!!

do you know the setup???
In Justin's own words:
The car made 568rwhp and 591rwtq STD on stage V+ port with 4lb. lower and 2.90 upper. Made 660rwhp and 739rwtq on the 125 shot. The car has a lot of other bolt-ons too though. Ported and welded Dragon throttle body and plenum, blower spacer, electric water pump, ported lower intake, all the cooling mods (which really help any eaton make power), etc. Also the car is tuned on 104 octane (unleaded) so the tune is aggressive.

He also ran a 10.09 on the 125 shot.......

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would just contact Justin (CobraStruck) and ask all the questions you want. I'm sure he would mind at all. That would be the easiest way to get the answers you're looking for, especially if you're thinking about doing something similar. Just a thought.

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
I would just contact Justin (CobraStruck) and ask all the questions you want. I'm sure he would mind at all. That would be the easiest way to get the answers you're looking for, especially if you're thinking about doing something similar. Just a thought.

I wasn't planning on doing something similar, just curious what the gain and purpose was. I would assume using a carbon spacer could help keep heat transfer from going into the block from the Eaton.

Thanks though.

IronTerp

Thats one strong SOB, How much help is the blower spacer???
The vast majority of folks feel the blower spacer will provide limited if any power improvements. It died a fast death....... Justin had one strong runner and it's hard to tell what benefit the spacer had on the overall picture.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
If my mustang dyno results are any indication of what I'll make when I get on a dynojet. I should be above the 550 mark stock motor even stock manifolds and pump gas

Last edited:

IronTerp

If my mustang dyno results are any indication of what I'll make when I get on a dynojet. I should be above the 550 mark stock motor even stock manifolds and pump gas
Hope so! You have a strong runner. :beer: Problem is, most Mustang Dynos now read HIGHER than Dynojet's. The MD operators got tired of being the red headed step child of the Dynojets and set their dynos up accordingly. ;-)

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
Hope so! You have a strong runner. :beer: Problem is, most Mustang Dynos now read HIGHER than Dynojet's. The MD operators got tired of being the red headed step child of the Dynojets and set their dynos up accordingly. ;-)[/QUOTE

every time I've been from Rons md to chris's dj it's about 5-7% change whether it's my lightning or the cobra. A few of my friends have shared similar results

Your car is going to be a freak of nature!!!

I've been told that already, first pull my tuner made when we swapped the stieg to a posi he was shocked. My far has made
20+ more than any other eaton car he's had on it

moot09

Established Member
Not trying to hijack the thread but doesn anyone know the highest hp pullied cobra? Highest Ive heard was around 480 with a 2.8. And a member on here who has a 03/04 swapped bullit put down 490rwtrq with a 2.93/4# combo.

Users who are viewing this thread