Eaton to TVS fueling questions

crysalis_01

Iron fist, lead foot
Established Member
The VMP 2.3TVS is the blower I'll be replacing my Heaton with. With a pulley set up to hit about 600rwhp. My question is:

What as far as my fueling system will need an upgrade?

I was thinking a new hat to hold dual FGT pumps and 60lb injectors.

Will I also need a new rails and possibly lines?

And what size MAF would best suit this setup?

Thanks in advance.

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
Idk about these size that's best, but I'm pretty sure the stock rails are plenty for that setup. Others will chime in. Sounds like a beast project. I'm considering TVS as well :)

joel3431

Brain Terminated.
Established Member
I know of two people to hit over 700 on stock rails and dual gt's. Do you have an 03-04? or a swap done to the 98.

Comp04svt

Established Member
What you have listed should be fine. The stock rails will be fine, but Id look into upgrading to an -8 feed line and upgrading the power feed for the FPDM's and such. But for the price of all of that you might as well do a lethal budget kit and call it a day.

crysalis_01

Iron fist, lead foot
Established Member
Oh, sorry. Its been a while since I've posted on here and I haven't updated my info for even longer. I sold my '98 and currently have a Redfire '03 Terminator. Its only modestly modded for the moment; K&N drop in filter, 3" UPR upper, high-flow cats, Magnaflow cat-back, and a Diablo tune.

Last edited:

crysalis_01

Iron fist, lead foot
Established Member
What you have listed should be fine. The stock rails will be fine, but Id look into upgrading to an -8 feed line and upgrading the power feed for the FPDM's and such. But for the price of all of that you might as well do a lethal budget kit and call it a day.

Got a link? Im always up for anything to make my day easier.

CGCobra

Established Member
I have 60's a BAP and a BA3000 MAF and it is good the the 620 mark .. there is a thread on here somewhere that is from kenne bell about the stock rails good up to 850 hp.

If you are shooting for a number above 650 I would go with something more. At least bigger pumps and duel FPDM's

crysalis_01

Iron fist, lead foot
Established Member
So;
the rails are fine.
60lb injectors will do
Feed line and power line to FPDM need upgrade
A MAFia would cover what I need.

All that's left is the pump. Will dual FGT's be necessary for my goal or will a single do? Or would a single and a BaP work? Or just a BaP?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Heck I needed a bap for just the typical bolton cobra. 455rwhp and my fpdc was maxed! I'm considering the tvs one day, and think a return style fuel setup would be a better choice, like the link posted above. Or this one made by Fore.

SN95 4V Level 1 Return System

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
I'm thinking about doing the same thing, what I have read the stock rails and lines should be fine. Although some do upgrade the feed line. I can't decide whether to stay return less and just do pumps and injectors, or to go with Lethals budget fuel system with upgraded injectors and dual fpdms.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
to reach your goal(s), i'd suggest (if staying returnless), is a 40amp BAP with dual FPDM's, upgraded wiring and dual FGT pumps with 60's. the stock rails are fine for this.
IMHO.....if i were you, i'd really look into going return fuel for the simplicity factor and the tuning factor. many long debates, but the tuners will tell you that its easier tuning a reutrn fuel setup.
Lethal's Div-X return setup is very nice (what i have) and FORE just released theirs as well.
do your research...........;-)

matt87

Established Member
i'd bet he had/has other issues. maybe a dead pump. no way your maxing the 03/04 cobra fuel system at 450 rwhp, but like others always say on here "every car is different"

2004silvercobra

Established Member
Every car is for sure different I ran stock pumps and injectors with a bap on my old kb 2.2 cobra (close to maxing out) and with just a ported eaton and a bap I was close to maxing them out on my current cobra. Kb was making a little over 600hp and the ported just over 500hp. I had my old cobra from day 1 so nothing was changed it just had strong pumps/injectors and current one everything was maxing out pretty quick..

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Every car is for sure different I ran stock pumps and injectors with a bap on my old kb 2.2 cobra (close to maxing out) and with just a ported eaton and a bap I was close to maxing them out on my current cobra. Kb was making a little over 600hp and the ported just over 500hp. I had my old cobra from day 1 so nothing was changed it just had strong pumps/injectors and current one everything was maxing out pretty quick..

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2

Have you checked your fuel filter is not clogged or causing issues? Seems strange pumps would be so far off from one car to the next.

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
Most have been doing injectors and bap with a sct maf or mafia adaptor, If you want to crank it up some get pumps

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Rule of thumb is (as mentioned), 60lb injectors, BAP, and something with the MAF. Either an SCT or a Mafia is fine. If it were me, i'd go the extra mile and upgrade the fuel system so you have room to grow with more HP!

Users who are viewing this thread