eaton swap question, NOT ABOUT INSTALL!!!!

1999WhiteSVT

STLMustangs.com
Established Member
i just picked up a second job to pay some bills, but after that im thinking about a possible eaton swap.
anyway, are you guys running the stock pulley or a different one? im just kind of wondering what a good level is for dependability and power.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
2.93. I am told it doesn't over spin the blower, but I'm sure some of the other members will have a more definitive answer on that. I saw a great HP increase with that pulley and a good tune.

'95yellowGT

Established Member
99cobraR said:
go procharger instead!!
Ive heard this is actually cheaper(better) way to go, that is if u wanna do the eaton swap the correct way, the eaton swap gets just as expensive

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
[QUOTE='95yellowGT]Ive heard this is actually cheaper(better) way to go, that is if u wanna do the eaton swap the correct way, the eaton swap gets just as expensive[/QUOTE]

If you do the install yourself...not really.

It's probably more of a pain collecting the parts rather then just having all of them boxed up and shipped to you, but I guess it all depends on what you want....different strokes.

Last edited:

01 Venom

Established Member
The cost Depends on how dilligent you are with finding the parts used. If you go to Ford for too many of the parts then ya go buy the pro-charger.

My complete swap cost me 4k thats with upgraded intercooler parts, ported blower, fancy cold air intake and all of it polished.

It is a good amount of work, but the info is available and it is doable if you have a decent set of tools.

On a stock bottom end I wouldnt run anything other then the stock pulley. All though I know someone running a 3.0 pulley 12PSI. Not sure how long that will last.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
[QUOTE='95yellowGT]Ive heard this is actually cheaper(better) way to go, that is if u wanna do the eaton swap the correct way, the eaton swap gets just as expensive[/QUOTE]
huh, i thought i did mine the correct way all this time. my setup fully tuned cost $3800. guess i did it the wrong way though....

and yes, stock pulleys. to be honest i have tossed around the idea of throwing on a stock harley truck pulley(3.1). that would make about 10 psi. i still would like to run at the track a few more times with the stock pulley setup though(8 psi). let me know if you need any help or other questions answered Mike. :thumbsup:

1999WhiteSVT

STLMustangs.com
Established Member
ill have to look into that. i do like the idea of using a kit MADE for my car and using all new parts. ill have to do some shopping around

zeus201

Established Member
Stock upper and 8# lower. Looking to upgrade to something smaller and perhaps port the blower....but that's far far far away from happening.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
can you procharger fanboys not spew the same old line of it's cheaper to do a P1 or D1 bullshit just one time

it's his money let him do what he wants with it for christs sake...

OP go with the stock pulley to start and work from there once you get tuned

01yellercobra

Established Member
Double"O" said:
can you procharger fanboys not spew the same old line of it's cheaper to do a P1 or D1 bullshit just one time

Hey, not all of us Procharger guys try to convince everyone it's cheaper.:rolling:

01 Venom

Established Member
Double"O" said:

it's his money let him do what he wants with it for christs sake...

OP go with the stock pulley to start and work from there once you get tuned

+1 it is NOT cheaper to go pro-charger trust me, RIO and I did it for a real good price. Eaton Swap over Procharger is not a matter of whats cheaper its your taste in blower nower days. Parts are all over the web, and its well documented at this point.

Geesh... the whole "just get a procharger" cop out is so annoying

JohnnysCobra

Established Member
Im in the install process right now, I have the option of using the stock pulley or to run 13 psi. I am most likely going to start with stock and see how that works out. (I do have an 04 shortblock waiting to go in too though)

Users who are viewing this thread