Eaton swap on 99 Cobra using the Marauder method

Ike Turner

Established Member
Has anyone done the Eaton swap using the brackets that Terry on the Marauder Forums makes on a 99 Cobra?

I've read the thread that was about using the brackets on a Mach 1 & I am not sure if my 99 Cobra's timing cover is the same as the Mach 1. Does the 01 Cobra & Mach 1 have the same timing cover?

Basically it boils down to this, I have made up my mind to do the eaton Swap & it appears that I might save a little $$$ & time using the custom brackets. But if my timing cover has to be changed regardless, it may not be such a $$$ saver after all.

I've read all of the threads I could pertaining to the swap just couldn't locate the proper information pertaining specifically to the 99 Cobra & custom brackets.

Any help/insight is appreciated :beer:

01yellercobra

Established Member
The 01 Cobra and Mach 1 timing covers are the same. The 99 is different. I think the 99 is the same as 96-98.

It really depends on how cheap the brackets are and how cheap you can find a later timing cover.

Last edited:

Ike Turner

Established Member
Brackets are around $500 & allow you to use your current set of pulleys/accessories. Also keeps the alternator off the blower belt so u can drive without the blower if the situation called for it.

DHG4410

Established Member
I would like to do this also. Has anyone on here installed the Eaton swap in this fashion and if so can you supply some images.
Thanks

01yellercobra

Established Member
Are there boost limits with that set up? It doesn't look like you can go much smaller with the blower pulley before having belt slip.

Users who are viewing this thread