Eaton set up for F250 SD, Will it work??

drkhrse

Established Member
Hi guys, I have a 2000 F250 SuperDuty with the 5.4 in it and I want to upgrade it to Lightning specs. What parts are involved, and is there a kit out there that is worth buying?? If I can track down the parts a blower is easy to find, however all that connects it is the problem. I have access to get it Dyno tuned after, would it need a new computer? Thnx

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
not worth the time or money. ATI (procharger) is the ony manufacture that makes a bolt-on blower kit for a 5.4L superduty.

Just my 2cents. Even if you were to put a lightning blower on that truck it would still be a dog. I'd leave it alone. If you needed more pwr you should've just bought a V-10 or a diesel. :bash:

Z7What

Powered By Eaton
Established Member
I dont think it was hard to do the swap at all on my truck. Just gotta make sure you get all the parts before doing the swap. I have a friend of mine with a F-250 and a L blower setup on it, he loves it.

I'll be honest, i didnt think i could do it. Had a friend that did 2 other swaps before do most of the work, after watching him do it i beleave i could do it. He is the one that install the setup on the F-250 also.

His name on here is Brahmus

Wayne

Ginther

Established Member
not worth the time or money. ATI (procharger) is the ony manufacture that makes a bolt-on blower kit for a 5.4L superduty.

Just my 2cents. Even if you were to put a lightning blower on that truck it would still be a dog. I'd leave it alone. If you needed more pwr you should've just bought a V-10 or a diesel. :bash:

I agree. No gas engine is going to have the power/torque/reliability of a Powerstroke in a Superduty. It would probably be easier and cheaper in the long run to just hunt down a good deal on a used diesel Superduty. Then mod that Powerstroke and enjoy some awesome torque and still get decent fuel economy. :beer:

drkhrse

Established Member
This is the path i was on, I was trying to sell the truck to buy a Diesel, however it's not worth much in todays market. My thought is to make it "better" to get me by for a few more years.

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
It'd probably be more fun to drive, but it wouldn't ever be an L.

I'd be more concerned with the internals when applying boost like what the stock L eaton provides. You have to think of cooling, fuel, and lots of other small things. It all adds up.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
I agree that it's not a very economical plan. I have a superduty with a V10 and have done a lot of towing with both it and my L. If you never haul or tow anything heavy you will be fine supercharging it. However, I bet you will be in the boost so often you will get a lot of heat soak even running around with no load. I know my Superduty weighs 7000#'s so just hauling around that much weight would be enought to heat an Eaton up if you drive like me.

Users who are viewing this thread