Eaton S/C and S/C system maintenance

samill2

sell? keep? sell? keep?
Established Member
Sorry if this has been covered in depth but I haven't found much via search.

I've got 50k miles on my Terminator. Bought it with ~43k so I don't know how the previous owner treated it.

I'm new to the S/C world and am wondering if I should be changing out some fluids or what? If so, are there products that are better for our Terminators than stock that I should be using?

I also put a new shifter in and noticed some red oil down in the trans. is that something I should be replacing? I've changed auto trans oils b4 but never manual.

How often do you change your coolant? Fuel filter?

Chime in with anything I may be forgetting or don't know about.
I should get a shop manual I guess.

metaman

Established Member
Yeah, I used the alfageek info when I inspected my car before I bought it.

I asked ford, they said the oil change interval on the supercharger is 100,000 miles.

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
True (100,000 miles), but if you are running a smaller pulley and/or upper/lower combo changing the eaton oil sooner is probably a good idea. I plan on doing mine the next time I do my oil change.

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
I dunno about anyone else, but with my ported eaton and 2.8 and stock heat exchanged I change mine about every other time I change my oil.

bosstone

Established Member
the alfageek link is not working. I just bought a 2004 cobra and really would like to read this. I want to know what I need to be doing to maintain my supercharger. Please if anyone has another link to this faq or another like it please post.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Okay, since the link is not working right now I scoured the Net and did find a cached page of Brian Hill's Cobra FAQs. I copied the entire text and added it to my website. I will email Brian today and let him know what I've done. Once his website link is back up and running I'll remove the text and just post a link to his page. Here is the link to the info on my website. You'll see the link to Brian's FAQs towards the top of the page.

http://stangshiftergaskets.com/News.htm

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Glad to help. Actually I got so involved in putting the info on my website I missed a maintenance appointment for my vehicle. Had to reschedule. The cost of being helpful. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread