Eaton or Kenne bell or a 02 GT

mumu_624

Established Member
Hey will a Eaton or KB sc bolt up onto a 2002 Mustang GT?

if not What do i have to do for it to bolt up?

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
You can buy a Saleen Series I or II. Thats an Eaton M90 if you really wanted to go that route. IMO, you are wasting your money on an Eaton. You can buy a KB meant to fit the 2v as well, so they will both bolt up. If it were me, I would be looking into a Saleen Series IV (Whipple 1.6 Twin Screw) or KB 2.1. JMO.

mumu_624

Established Member
I really dont want to Build it all out

Im throwing a 3.4whipple on my 03 Cobra

but this GT is for a 17 year old lol

he wants 400rwhp.

so which SC will get him 400rwhp with All bolt ons and a tune.

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
About 1 million dollars and some form of an engineering degree, as well as welding and autoCAD skills. Its not worth it. Any blower can get you 400rwhp. The series IV makes 375 on the 04 S281. A KB 2.1 would probably be the best route.

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
Correct, but the KB is not that much more expensive and you have more room to grow with the KB over the Saleen.

mumu_624

Established Member
But the Thing is im not looking to spend no more the 1300 on the SC

thats why i really wanted the Eaton from the 03 cobra and i was gonna get that ported and polished.

but now im really thinking about selling that GT and just buying a Different mustang like a V6 so i can Just throw in a 03-04 cobra motor and Rebuild it and port that SC and get a h/c package and bolt ons.

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
It will cost you waaaayyyyy more than 1300 to make a 112 work on a 2V, and if you can find a Saleen or KB kit for that price, please let me know. Im confused on what your trying to do here. You say you werent looking to spend much because you are going to whipple your Cobra, yet you want to buy a V6, "throw" in an 03/04 Cobra motor, rebuild it, port the supercharger, and do heads, cams and bolt ons? For all that you can just build a supremely bad ass GT. With that amount of money you can buy a forged shortblock, KB on like 18# and be set.

mumu_624

Established Member
lol im getting confused now haha

lol

but The 03 cobra is Mine and im gonna put a whipple on it..

the Buying that a v6 was just an idea for My Brother so i can build it..

but SHould i keep the GT and build that motor instead of buying a other V6 and putting a 03-04 cobra motor in it.

get it?

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
uhh yea, the GT will be one hell of a car by the time you spend the money on the swap for the v6 since its not just the motor and tranny, the rear end has to be changed also since its only a 7.5 in it not the 8.8. If all he wants is 400rwhp, just get a KB 2.1 and be done with it, and you should know that a supercharger isnt going to be only 1300 lol. Also if you want the eaton from an 03/04 to work, just swap the 4v conversion from an 03/04 cobra and put it on but then that will still be a ton of money

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
Id say build the 2V. You can get a solid forged shortblock for about $3,000. KB 2.1 intercooled kit for $5,000. put 14# on it, get a good tune from a reputable tuner and you have over 500rwhp reliably. $8,000 total bill. I dont even think you can find a cobra longblock for that cheap. Thats the route I would go, provided you had the coin.

mumu_624

Established Member
yea if im doing that much work to it.. i might as well go all out with it...

going over 1300 isnt a problem thats how much i have in my pocket. but i can get more..

but I dont want to spend no more than 10k on motor and tranny.

mumu_624

Established Member
and i doubt im going to give this to my brother

because he's 17.

i might just get him a Mach 1 and keep this project for me =)

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
Now I really dont understand whats going on here. I was under the impression you were on a budget. The 3000 shortblock I was reffering to is claimed to support up to 700fwhp. Obviously if you were going to go all out, I would say get a billet 2V long block for 10k, that keeps it under your 10k engine limit, then slap some twin 67mms on it. Honestly, I think im going to stop replying to this thread. First your on a budget, then your not, then you want to build a termi-swapped V6, now you have 10k for an engine. Im trying to help but I dont really know what your trying to accomplish here.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i say just build the 2v up. Thats just me. DSS sells pretty stout short blocks, just slap a KB on top of that short block maybe with some p&p heads with cams if money is possible, but thats just for the motor and im sure that will be around $10K by itself.

Is the car a 5spd or auto?

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
2.1? Man if you gonna go with a forged bottom end might as well get the 2.6

Well I know the 2.6 will not fit on a 99-04 Mustang GT only the KB 1.7 and the 2.1 is the biggest that you can fit on the GT.

If I were you I would invest into the KB 2.1 or Vortech. To be honest there is no low cost way around it because you are going to have to upgrade some things obviously so it will add up. But this would probably be the easiest route and less headache is just getting the KB 2.1 or Vortech. Who knows maybe you can find a used one for a reasonable price.

Or you can throw a 100 shot of nitrous on there maybe 125 if you get it tuned. That is the cheapest route to go.

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
KB makes the 2.6 for a 2V. The 1.7 is no longer. It is now the new big bore 2.1. Perhaps you were reffering to the 2.8? They dont make that for a 2V.

Users who are viewing this thread