Eaton 10 Second List Update

Rice Eatr

Established Member
94-98 trans am wants to quit racing the cobra because when he launches hard it makes a funny noise then the car wont move. then we have to push it.

I have heard this quite a bit at the track "Mustang tower side" and then you hear "Problems with the Mustang".

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I ran 10.72 @ 126 today.

60' - 1.57 (stock suspension)
330 - 4.51
1/8 - 6.91 @ 105.26
1000 - 8.99
1/4 - 10.72 @ 126.91

wow...I do NOT understand MIR's timing system...only 21mph in the back half??? these cars always pull 25+ with ports and pullies. still great times!!!

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Stink...when you going back to the track?!?! Ill be down at Cecil on saturday and sunday...sunday is a rental though and you need a ticket...still some for sale i think over at SSOTN

you need to get to a diff track just to see the diff

CobraStruck

Fastest Eaton/6-Speed/IRS
Established Member
Great job Justin!!! Really looking forward to this coming weekend for you!! What RPM were you launching at last weekend? Shift points?

As far as the launch is concerned at The Shootout I was launching with steady engine speed at 6k and a hard slip of the clutch. The car was bogging on 28" slicks on the blower. So at the 1/8th mile track I tried revving the engine up and down between 5k-6k and launching at 6k when the rpms came up. If that makes sense to anyone it seemed that the inertia of the engine coming up in rpm when I launched helped a lot in the 60'. I always shift the car at 6k. It just seems to shift better for me at that rpm.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
The air should be great this weekend, at least it's supposed to be here. Isn't Rockingham the track that they call the "house of hook". If that's it, I hear it's like a 1/4mile strip of glue. Congrats on the new best and good luck this weekend. That car is makin some power.:rockon:

Carolina Dragway is the "House of Hook", and it does stick! Rockingham is "The Rock".

I ran 10.72 @ 126 today.

60' - 1.57 (stock suspension)
330 - 4.51
1/8 - 6.91 @ 105.26
1000 - 8.99
1/4 - 10.72 @ 126.91

That is some sick MPH in the 1/8th!!!

wow...I do NOT understand MIR's timing system...only 21mph in the back half??? these cars always pull 25+ with ports and pullies. still great times!!!

Same here, I was going 99-102 mph in the 1/8th at the Shootout but only seeing 124-127 in the 1/4. I usually see 26+ mph on the big end.

Stinkapuss

Established Member
Stink...when you going back to the track?!?! Ill be down at Cecil on saturday and sunday...sunday is a rental though and you need a ticket...still some for sale i think over at SSOTN

you need to get to a diff track just to see the diff

I'm going again this Sunday to MIR. Cecil would be nice but I drive my car to the track and thats a long way if I break. I still might try Cecil one day.

Last edited:

Stinkapuss

Established Member
Yeah Jake, I'm with you. I'm always down in 1/4 MPH at MIR. And the 1/8th's are always singing....

My last pass of the day (10.73), I ran 101 in the 1/8 and 130 in the 1/4. The majority of my runs were in the 10.7's with 105's in the 1/8. Maybe there is something up with MIR's mph. I just thought I had no top end.

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
He's not thinking of another TA is he?

Na those are worse yet..damn 10bolt. Although my brother went 1.46 on a stock 10bolt (auto car).

Im debating buying level 5's for spring and putting airbags in the rear of the car so it doesn't squat as much. I think excessive squat blows these axles.

Nice times stinkapuss, great 60' for stock suspension.

Cobrastruck: You've ever broken a level 5? You have the stock inners?

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
Congrats on the great 60's!

I know a lot of poeple enjoy the IRS but I was very happy to see it go. Pulling it out should have been my first mod. The only thing that is tough is that all that weight comes right off the back tires. If you sell the IRS and catback you can be back on the road with a built solid axle for less then the cost of new set of axles.

Yeah its tough call for me because I just started figuring this junk out. I could easily go solid. I have a fox 8.8 laying in the yard, I can throw my 8.8 cobra irs diff junk right into it with some saw dust to quiet things down. All I need is a set of 31spline mosers or something, and of course uppers/lowers. I don't have patience anymore to set stuff up, I just want to load it on the trailer and race it hard. Im still up in the air. Maybe driveshaft shop can help me out since these level II's are rated for 600hp. The stock axles are good till 900hp as far as im concerned. They should rate them by vehicle weight and planned 60'.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
My last pass of the day (10.73), I ran 101 in the 1/8 and 130 in the 1/4. The majority of my runs were in the 10.7's with 105's in the 1/8. Maybe there is something up with MIR's mph. I just thought I had no top end.
Well at least you got one of your 1/4 MPH's up there Mo! Hitting a 130 at MIR with a non-nitrous Eaton is no joke. If you have that exact MPH, post it up and I'll add it to the list below.

Mo, what are you launching at to get those :rockon: 60' times? Shift points?

EATON TERMINATOR 1/4 MILE 130 MPH CLUB (Non-nitrous)
BADASS03SVT............132.50 (Auto/SRA)
F8LSNAKE..................131.84 (6spd/SRA)
Rice Eatr...................131.18 (6spd/SRA)
Soap.........................130.80 (6spd/SRA)
IronTerp....................130.45 (6spd/IRS)
sonic03snake..............130.35 (6spd/SRA)
Almo.........................130.34 (6spd/SRA) (non-ported!)
F8LSNAKE..................130.14 (6spd/IRS) (non-ported!)
Stinkapuss.................130.07 (6spd/IRS)

Last edited:

Stinkapuss

Established Member
Well at least you got one of your 1/4 MPH's up there Mo! Hitting a 130 at MIR with a non-nitrous Eaton is no joke. If you have that exact MPH, post it up and I'll add it to the list below.

Mo, what are you launching at to get those :rockon: 60' times? Shift points?

EATON TERMINATOR 1/4 MILE 130 MPH CLUB (Non-nitrous)
BADASS03SVT............132.50 (Auto/SRA)
F8LSNAKE..................131.84 (6spd/SRA)
Rice Eatr...................131.18 (6spd/SRA)
Soap.........................130.80 (6spd/SRA)
IronTerp....................130.45 (6spd/IRS)
sonic03snake..............130.35 (6spd/SRA)
Almo.........................130.34 (6spd/SRA) (non-ported!)
F8LSNAKE..................130.14 (6spd/IRS) (non-ported!)

Here you go Dwight:

60' - 1.58
330 - 4.51
1/8 - 6.91 @ 101.99
1000 - 0.00 ???
1/4 - 10.73 @ 130.07

I do a quick slip at 6k with the stock clutch and shift at 6k in every gear. This is on 26" et streets.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
New best today at Silver Dollar in Reynolds Ga. It was at Musclcar Evolutions track day so hopefully someone got some vids of it. I'll post a thread on it when I get back later tonight. Going to eat some Mexican and drink some margaritas now. The record ain't in the 40's anymore.

CobraStruck

Fastest Eaton/6-Speed/IRS
Established Member
Na those are worse yet..damn 10bolt. Although my brother went 1.46 on a stock 10bolt (auto car).

Im debating buying level 5's for spring and putting airbags in the rear of the car so it doesn't squat as much. I think excessive squat blows these axles.

Nice times stinkapuss, great 60' for stock suspension.

Cobrastruck: You've ever broken a level 5? You have the stock inners?

I went to the Rockingham Sat. and went 10.48@132 on the stage 5+ ported eaton and 10.09@134 with me missing fourth gear and then getting it back into gear. Let the car cool down and was going for 9's when I broke my first D.S.S. level 5 half shaft with the chromoly inners. Broke on the driver side at the inner joint. My car was seized due to street racing so I don't if I'll get it back. To all of those that are for street racing I'll be a spokes person and say is it a blast yes, but watching my car drive away Sat. night at 4:30am in the morning was the hardest thing I've ever had to do!!

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
I went to the Rockingham Sat. and went 10.48@132 on the stage 5+ ported eaton and 10.09@134 with me missing fourth gear and then getting it back into gear. Let the car cool down and was going for 9's when I broke my first D.S.S. level 5 half shaft with the chromoly inners. Broke on the driver side at the inner joint. My car was seized due to street racing so I don't if I'll get it back. To all of those that are for street racing I'll be a spokes person and say is it a blast yes, but watching my car drive away Sat. night at 4:30am in the morning was the hardest thing I've ever had to do!!

Your an animal man. Sorry to here about the car..I don't know what to say that will make things better there. Good Luck, hopefully u get it back.

What was your 60's on those runs?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Really sorry to hear about your Cobra Justin. Hope you get it back.....in one piece. You were able to fix the Level 5 that fast and get it back on the road?

Can you post up your exact MPH and 60' time on your blower only record?

F8LSNAKE

Established Member

That is awesome times and mph man. I hate to see that happen to your car. That's why I quit street racing years ago. Good luck and I hope you get it back.

Users who are viewing this thread