Easy nGauge Marrying Question

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Bought a Lund nGauge last year. Never installed it, or registered it with Lund. All my tunes are on my SCT3. I bought the nGauge mainly for datalogging and as an engine monitor. I have a very basic pulley, stock blower, and Lund tuned car. Nothing fancy, and I don't plan on upgrading it or changing anything.

With all this EPA bs, and nGauge going out of business, I'm thinking of selling it, as I hear people are looking for them now, and I really don't have a use for it .

My question is, "When does a nGauge, marry itself to the car/VIN?"

I have thought about plugging it in, just to monitor some PIDS, and datalog, but if by doing so "marries itself", to my car, I feel that would be a problem when I would go to sell it. If the "marrying" only happens when you flash your first tune, then I might just use it for a bit, for fun.

Also, any idea on what a "new in box nGauge" is going for?

Thanks!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
As soon as u plug it in its locked and over so u should sell to me cause I need one lol just kidding its not locked at that point.

It will become locked when u load the tune. If u bought from Lund then the tune is locked after u load. To unmarry it Lund would have to perform that. Just plugging it in wont lock it.

It also stays locked to Lund if u return back to a stock tune. It it were a HP Nguage Lund charges $100 to unlock it. Lund would unlock it for free if u were tuning with them tho. U can still get scan codes tho if its locked.

NO, Lund will NOT unlock your HP nGuage, I contacted Jon Lund Sr. directly and this is his response:
Unfortunately no one online is listening. There are NO unlocks for HP Tuner nGauges. Zero Unlocks available they are one and done. The only unlocks we have available are for Lund firmware nGauges. Thanks

If anyone has an information about who may be able to unlock the HP Tuners I would be very interested.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
It's a doorstop that you can use as a monitor. I can't fathom a 3rd party using one to actually load a tune because in the event that anything went awry you have NO one to call for tech support on the device.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I could be wrong but thought a Lund Ngauge could only run a Lund tune, that was one of it's drawbacks !!

Users who are viewing this thread