Easiest way to gain 5 MPH???

silverserpant

Established Member
Looking to get into the 10's with my car this year and I need a few more mph, as I am getting 119 now on heavy chinese cast street wheels and beat up 555r's

I still have everything on the car plus added weight with the killer chiller and such, stock 3.55 gears, Changing tranny over to a rollerized C4 for consistant times.

Is weight reduction the easiest but I dont want to gut it, simple stuff that can easily be replaced. I read over Cobra Bob's PDF and it is very informative as it will help bits and pieces.

I also have a stick axle and 4.10's sitting around with full chromoly suspension but no sway bar, c-clip elimintors, mosers and welded tubes.

Whats the weight saving on the axles compare to the IRS, and whats the best sway bar to use as my lowers have no brackets and not sure if I want to weld on into the frame rails like the Harecore kits.

Any quick tips are appreciated,

and yes I used the search function

Evo2SVT

Established Member
You shouldn't need anymore MPH for 10's with the C4. I also have a C4 and I am running 11.1@116. I am changing my suspension and going for 10's this year

ctgreddy

Established Member
in terms of sway bar, you dont really need one. I dont have one at all and dont have any issues. your car might launch a little uneven but if you dont want to weld on your frame and your lowers dont have a provision for the stock unit, just dont run one. I have about what you want, my car is an 03, full interior, gutted trunk, no front sway bar, 16" rear wheels/stock fronts, straight axle rear and my car weighed in at 3340.

I say put the rear end in, take off your front sway bar, take the stuff out of your trunk, and get some sort of drag wheel setup ie 15's rear with slicks and 17 skinnies up front. that should be enough for you.

silverserpant

Established Member
Definatly gonna take the non essentials out of the car, everything out of trunk. Hopin to get 15`s mounted to the IRS without hacking. Had a set on but the 4 3/4 back spacing just touched the corner of the tie rod mount, cleared everything else so I am gonna try a 4 inch spacing next to see if it totally clears. Should be real close. 17 lb steel wheels should give me some weight loss and a real nice tire.

543184_10152362904570538_801899445_n.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread