E85?

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Ive maxed out the stock fuel system on my 14. Since I need to upgrade injectors and add Bap's I am considering running e85 for the added safety, car made 757 RWHP but was running out of fuel @6100 rpms. I wanted to get some input from those that run e85 exclusively or swap between e85 and 93, what are the pros and cons of running e85 exclusively, any issues swapping between e85 and 93, are you running return style fuel system or just bigger injectors and BAP's?
Car is my DD and won't see the track

Logan@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Just pick up a set of ID1300s and a KB 20volt BAP and maybe a canton fuel filter and some bigger fuel rails (more for style) and you'll be good to go, I made over 800+whp on E85 wiith those mods.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Just pick up a set of ID1300s and a KB 20volt BAP and maybe a canton fuel filter and some bigger fuel rails (more for style) and you'll be good to go, I made over 800+whp on E85 wiith those mods.
Did you run e85 100% of the time? Any thing I should be prepared for running e85 other lower mpg?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Anytime you are running e85 on a boosted application you really need a fuel system. Some will do it with a BAP but its really not safe, fuel pressure is dangerously low. We have some great deals on our Fore Level 1 Fuel Systems and can grow with you as well. Feel free to hit me up with any questions you have. http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/fore-innovations-gt500-2013-2014-fuel-system.html and you can call at 855-TBR-RACE

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
BAP and E85 is a sure recipe for disaster imo. its not cheap to go E85. ur not jus gonna thro some E85 in there and get it tuned. u need to upgrade ur fuel system period.

u can fuk around and try to get away with a BAP but it will cost you 5x what a fuel system will when u melt ur motor so come to terms that ur gonna need a fuel system to run E85

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Which would be a safer set up with my current power level, running a BAP and ID1300'S on 93 or running a BAP and ID1300's on e85? I plan to add cams, return style fuel system and eventually build the motor?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
E85 and BAP for now. You can easily run smaller injectors like ID1000/1050s for now, but if you 100% will be keeping the car and building it above 850rwhp, just go Fore return system with ID1300s. That's assuming you have the budget but it'll save you from the BAP and give you all the fuel you'll ever need for 750rwhp on E85 while knowing you're set for built motor/cams/compression and 900+rwhp
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Also, if you have quality E85 that is local I run it 100% unless stuck and use a fuel system conditioner every few months and E85 spec storage addative if sitting.
We have no problem with E85 full time even over winter storage.
-J

jchristena

Established Member
So, a lot of the 5.0 guys are saying that they burn up the O2 sensors unless they relocate the bungs in the exhaust to point down or something like that. Does our exhaust not have that problem?

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
So, a lot of the 5.0 guys are saying that they burn up the O2 sensors unless they relocate the bungs in the exhaust to point down or something like that. Does our exhaust not have that problem?
That's the 1st time I've heard that. I know leaded fuel kills the o2's but have never heard of e85 doing it

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
The GT guys need more angle in their AF positioning.

I think whats happening is that as the exhaust cools after shutoff, sensors that arent angled have a tendency to retain water condensation. Upon hot start, the water condensation is blowing out the heater circuits of the AFs and probably more than a few actual faiures of the sensor media.

By angling the sensor on the exhaust, It allows the water to drip off the sensor as it cools. I have a set of Dynatech headers i still need to have modified. The sensor angle is flat, and many header guys have AF failures. I need to get the bungs angled up about 20 degress and it should make a difference

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Correct. You want O2 bung angled down so not to trap condensation. I’ve seen many of the header companies are catching on to this or have new ones installed and keep the others for guages or testing.
-J

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The GT guys need more angle in their AF positioning.
I think whats happening is that as the exhaust cools after shutoff, sensors that arent angled have a tendency to retain water condensation. Upon hot start, the water condensation is blowing out the heater circuits of the AFs and probably more than a few actual faiures of the sensor media.
By angling the sensor on the exhaust, It allows the water to drip off the sensor as it cools. I have a set of Dynatech headers i still need to have modified. The sensor angle is flat, and many header guys have AF failures. I need to get the bungs angled up about 20 degress and it should make a difference
Correct. You want O2 bung angled down so not to trap condensation. I’ve seen many of the header companies are catching on to this or have new ones installed and keep the others for guages or testing.
-J
I always learn something when you guys post up. Awesome.

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
For stock engine, ID1300s, KB20v BAP and run ethanol additive every now and again and change fuel filter couple times a year. I did this for 3 years.

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
If the car sits for a month or two, try to fire it up often OR swap in 93 with a tune and drive the E85 out of the system. Ive had one set of E85 fail because I let my car sit for 3 months and E85 corroded them. If you drive it and run it, great things happen. If you let it sit with E85 in the tank, bad news.

Users who are viewing this thread