e85 - What Size Injector Needed

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
I'm waiting on a reply from Tim at MPH, but until then, do yall think 80lb injectors would be large enough for my setup to run e85? Currently, i'm using 60lb injectors at 93octane for my street tune 17-19psi. It's not until I raise the boost substantially that i'm out of injector. I would prefer to not go larger than this if I can avoid it since I would have to add a driver. I've also heard that there are some 160lb hi impendence injectors coming out possibly?

That said, I've been comtemplating running e85 for a variety of reasons. I've heard that you need up to 40% more fuel to accomodate e85. Right now my a/f at WOT is around 11.0-11.2 @17psi. Is more information needed to determine how much injector I would need? I'm still returnless, but have upgraded my fuel system otherwise. I wish FORE would have come out with their intank hat when I was having the car put together, otherwise I would already be return-style :(

Thanks,

Last edited:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I think you need @37% more fuel.,, so what ever inj you have .,., up it about 40% :thumbsup:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
well 25% larger may get you by, but it's better to have too much than not enough. i've always heard 1/3 larger as a rule of thumb, so 33%.

76mmsaleen

Established Member
well when i talked to tim at mph last month, about switching to e85. he said that 120 pound injectors would get me about 900-1000 rwhp with a magnafuel 750 protuner pump. and he said that the 120's are easy to tune..

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
What 120lb injectors is he talking about? I plan on running pump and occasional race fuel with my new twin GT35R setup so I planned on running the FRPP 80lb injectors.... BUT if there is a plug and play 120lb injector that's "easy to tune" then I should consider them for sure, in case I ever run E85 in the future (not even available here at the moment).

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
There are no 120's that are plug and play. They are plug and play after installing an injector driver. People have tuned with the 160's so anything is possible.

DUMBASS

Banned
i am looking at the switch to e-85. i am running an eliminator pump and 96# injectors and i am wondering if it will be enough. my advice go as big as you can.

76mmsaleen

Established Member
There are no 120's that are plug and play. They are plug and play after installing an injector driver. People have tuned with the 160's so anything is possible.

yes you are right, you must run an injector driver box..but tim said they are still easy to tune for him..

Users who are viewing this thread