E85 vs Methanol Injection

97novi2k

Established Member
I didn't realize this section was here!!!

I'm thinking about switching from methanol injection to E85. I live in the detroit area and it is easy to get. What are the benefits to switching over Methanol and what gains might I see if any.

The only reason I want to swtich is so I get cooler temps all the time and don't have to worry about filling the meth tank up and not have to worry about the meth kit not coming on or the pump failing

Currently I make 600rwhp @15lbs of boost with the meth kit activated from 5-15lbs using a 50/50 mix.

I currently has the glenns 1000hp system and 60lb injectors.

I assume all i would really need to do is upgrade to 80lb injectors and I should be able to support the 30% fuel increase.

Let me know what you all think, the meth kit works well but just seems easier to go to E85 with less hassle

GodStang

Established Member
Same as meth cooler temps for more timing. The main thing is PD guys get there best Meth gains from spraying into the bottom of the lower intake which is a bitch. This allows us to not have to do it this way. Also no mixing.

97novi2k

Established Member
Same as meth cooler temps for more timing. The main thing is PD guys get there best Meth gains from spraying into the bottom of the lower intake which is a bitch. This allows us to not have to do it this way. Also no mixing.

I'm running a Paxton 2000 @ 15lb of boost with a dual nozzle setup. My meth setup is easy compared to the PD guys.

I guess I like the thought of cooler temps all the time and as you said no mixing, not having to remember to fill the tank up, not worrying about the system not turing on, not worrying about the pump failing.

Seems like the E85 would give a better piece of mind. Does E85 offer around the same gains as a meth kit?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I'm running a Paxton 2000 @ 15lb of boost with a dual nozzle setup. My meth setup is easy compared to the PD guys.

I guess I like the thought of cooler temps all the time and as you said no mixing, not having to remember to fill the tank up, not worrying about the system not turing on, not worrying about the pump failing.

Seems like the E85 would give a better piece of mind. Does E85 offer around the same gains as a meth kit?
Absolutely! Depending on the tune, I would think you would pick up some.

Also, there is no worry about even distribution to each cylinder with E85. With the Meth kit, it sprays out a nozzle and you hope it distributes evenly, with E85 the injectors are the nozzles so it is always perfect distribution.

And the worries go away about the failing pumps, empty tank, etc.. If the car is running, then you know it is working.

Oh, BTW: Welcome to the Distillery! :beer:

97novi2k

Established Member
Thanks for all the info, looks like I will be switching over to E85 in the next month or two. Just seems to make the most sense. I like the thought of the even distribution and the cooler temps all without the normal worries of the meth kit.

I will post up some dyno charts for everyone to see. I will have 3 to look at.

1. no meth kit (already have)
2. meth kit (already have)
3. E85

Will be nice to see the affect of all 3!

Users who are viewing this thread