E85 Tune Gains for new 5.0?

trakit

Established Member
I have been trying to find some dyno numbers of 2011+ 5.0 E85 tuned cars. I know AED has some strong 1/4 mile times.

With intake and cat delete is there a significant gain over say a lund or bama 93 tune??????????

Downsides??

04compgt

Established Member
You will see around a 15hp gain. At least I did on my car. I made 380 rwhp on 93 and 395 rwhp on e85. Keep in mind the numbers are low in my case due to the car being an auto.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Seems like its about a 20whp gain over a 93 octane tune. From the little bit I have read. I'm sure Shaun will chime in eventually.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I have been trying to find some dyno numbers of 2011+ 5.0 E85 tuned cars. I know AED has some strong 1/4 mile times.

With intake and cat delete is there a significant gain over say a lund or bama 93 tune??????????

Downsides??

downsides would be, that when running E85 an racing or driving hard make sure you pump out your old GAS an dont mix the gas an E85. same goes with E85 to 93octane

04compgt

Established Member
No. Then it's normally around $400 for a dyno e85 tune. That's what he meant for the $800.

-Thomas

You are right about that, see in my case it doesn't cost me anything to tune my car on e85 other than time since I do the tuning myself. I tend to forget about tuning costs most of the time now. So at that rate for the normal consumer it would not be worth it at 800$.

RSKtakR

Established Member
I ran E85 in my 2011 with stock injectors and fuel system.... only mod was that and a k&N drop in and went 12.2 @114 with a tire. After a Boss intake, o/r x-pipe, CAI, and a different tune I was pulling away from high 11sec 5.0's. Then switched up to 47lb injectors and AED tune and ran even better. 12whp is if you don't have any other mods. Get the right mods and you WILL see more than that. Someone said 15-20whp gain for $800 isnt worth it... how much are long tubes for these cars again? You WONT spend $800 either. Brand new 47lb's are $275ish, and the tune from AED is $350 if I remember correctly and you DONT need a dyno tune, not to mention E85 burns 500 degrees cooler than Gasoline. Here is some food for thought: 2011 GT E85 Results - DFW Mustangs

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I ran E85 in my 2011 with stock injectors and fuel system.... only mod was that and a k&N drop in and went 12.2 @114 with a tire. After a Boss intake, o/r x-pipe, CAI, and a different tune I was pulling away from high 11sec 5.0's. Then switched up to 47lb injectors and AED tune and ran even better. 12whp is if you don't have any other mods. Get the right mods and you WILL see more than that. Someone said 15-20whp gain for $800 isnt worth it... how much are long tubes for these cars again? You WONT spend $800 either. Brand new 47lb's are $275ish, and the tune from AED is $350 if I remember correctly and you DONT need a dyno tune, not to mention E85 burns 500 degrees cooler than Gasoline. Here is some food for thought: 2011 GT E85 Results - DFW Mustangs

nice, good to know we can do E85 tune only with stock injectors.

RSKtakR

Established Member
you can, but I have heard its not recommended per Shaun at AED.. I don't think my duty cycle was maxed out on the stockers but then again I never really checked. The car ran good with no issues at all, but never data logged it, Manny said he has never had any problems but that was back when the 2011's first came out. Shaun wont do an E85 tune for you unless you have Ford Racing 47's. From what I have since learned as far as tuning goes, I listen to what my tuner tells me to get and what he needs to make the most power EFFICIENTLY out of my car/mods.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
you can, but I have heard its not recommended per Shaun at AED.. I don't think my duty cycle was maxed out on the stockers but then again I never really checked. The car ran good with no issues at all, but never data logged it, Manny said he has never had any problems but that was back when the 2011's first came out. Shaun wont do an E85 tune for you unless you have Ford Racing 47's. From what I have since learned as far as tuning goes, I listen to what my tuner tells me to get and what he needs to make the most power EFFICIENTLY out of my car/mods.

I have a set of 47's sitting on my desk. Just need to pull the trigger and get an H-pipe and tune. Should be a nice wake up call for the car.

Chrisc35

Established Member
Is it worth at all to tune the car to take e85 plz let me know before I go and tune my car cuz I'm gonna get full bolts on on my car

try03venom

Established Member
I might go this route when I get my 13 auto might go E85/AED tune circle d 331 gears cai and x pipe/axel back see if I can smell a 10.99

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
Has anyone go through the stock components to see if there are any weak points for 85% ethanol? Ethanol is awesome but can wear things out if not up to ethanol standards. 10% ethanol that are in most gas these days is not the same as 85% ethanol.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Has anyone go through the stock components to see if there are any weak points for 85% ethanol? Ethanol is awesome but can wear things out if not up to ethanol standards. 10% ethanol that are in most gas these days is not the same as 85% ethanol.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

The easiest thing to prevent the wear of e85 is fill up with 93 oct every couple fill ups of e85 and run it.

Users who are viewing this thread