E85 questions

Ballsgt

Established Member
I know when running e85 they recommend method is going to a triple pump setup. However I’m gonna be running a ported trinity, with a monoblade tb and I wanna get the most out of with e85. It’s on a 2010 MY. I was planning on running VMP Bap and either id1050’s or Fic 1000 injectors. My question is with guys with experience with this what injectors would be most ideal to run around 700-750whp range and do I need to go bigger on the injectors than that?

MelloStang2010

Established Member
Lund told me I had had to run a return style fuel system to run e85. 1050x and a boost a pump was not enough for e85 with a 3.4L whipple because you run out of fuel pump apparently. I ended up going with a fore return style system with twin walboro 465's and 1050x injectors. I plan on building the motor down the road which is why I justified the $2000 fuel system so ill be able to push the 3.4L. I beleive there is also another way that you can swap out the existing fuel pumps in the stock hat and run a BAP on those to run e85 but I haven't looked too much into that option.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I know when running e85 they recommend method is going to a triple pump setup. However I’m gonna be running a ported trinity, with a monoblade tb and I wanna get the most out of with e85. It’s on a 2010 MY. I was planning on running VMP Bap and either id1050’s or Fic 1000 injectors. My question is with guys with experience with this what injectors would be most ideal to run around 700-750whp range and do I need to go bigger on the injectors than that?
You need a return system. For your power 1050x and Walbro 465 pumps (2)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a return style with twin pumps and id1000 injectors making 800 on e85. Not sure of the duty cycle though but it runs great.

Users who are viewing this thread